My Business
2.2K members online now
2.2K members online now
Follow threads that discuss the latest tips on how to get your business online… for free!
Guide Me
star_border

How long does it take for the cover photo to update on google maps

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

We updated the cover photo on Google my business a few days ago but the Google maps photo has remained unchanged - How long does this take to update please?

Here is the current google my business page

https://plus.google.com/b/117560027942274437813/117560027942274437813?hl=en

Company and Google maps details below:

Arlington Residential

1 Expert replyverified_user

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

did you by any chance update your profile image to a logo? If that is the case, the Google algo is likely to overwrite it with an image of its choice.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

The process I followed was the following - I went through google my business and accessed the google + page, then clicked on the header image and changed the image in the header. The logo circle was left untouched. ?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

My assumption was that the algo would assign the current header image to that seen in google maps as the header image but as mentioned, this has not changed.

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Clicking on google maps and opening the image from there shows 3 images with the header image as the third one along. Do I need to edit it somehow directly in google maps or should it be taking directly from the header of the google plus page? Any assistance here would be very helpful, thanks in advance.

Top Contributor
# 6
Top Contributor

You should go into the google.com/mybusiness dashboard and upload the image you want as the Profile image. That has a chance at least of changing it. 

Re: How long does it take for the cover photo to update on google maps

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

This is the current setup - If we change the profile image that will change the logo circle on the my business page won't it which won't be correct.

See the dashboard image setup here

Top Contributor
# 8
Top Contributor

Well since only slightly more than zero see your G+ page and a lot see your Knowledge Panel I would suggest that you change the profile photo to a front view image if that is what you want more influecne over what folks see on the Google search for your brand and keywods. 

Another possible way to solve the problem is to remove the image that Google is now showing of the front and hopefully the algo will pick the preferred image of the front. 

Soon the two products will be totally independent. And this won't be an issue.