My Business
3.4K members online now
3.4K members online now
Follow threads that discuss the latest tips on how to get your business online… for free!
Guide Me
star_border

How do I transfer My Business Listing from one Google Brand Account to another Google Brand Account?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello, 

I'm trying to iron out some account confusion for our business.  However, I'm getting a bit confused by the Google accounts ecosystem.   It's a long story, but here's the gist of our current situation:

1.) We have one Google Brand Account, we'll call it Brand A.  The Brand A currently has control of an active Youtube Channel and an active Google+ profile.

2.) We also have another Google Brand Account, let's call that Brand B.  This account has control of our My Business Page.

3.) Note that both Brand A and Brand B are owned by the same primary owner email account.

Objective:  I'm trying to simplify this situation so that the Youtube Channel, Google+, and My Business Page are all controlled under the same Brand Account.

Keep in Mind:  

Brand A's Youtube channel has a name and content I'd like to retain.  

Brand A's Google+ has a name and content I'd like to retain (but the G+ doesn't have a custom URL yet).

• Brand B's My Business Listing has a name and content I'd like to retain.

Question 1:  Is it possible to simply transfer the control of the My Business listing from Brand B to Brand A?  If so, it seems this would solve my problem and get all three profiles under one brand.

Question 2:  Are there other things associated with a Brand Account (like analytics or something) that I'm not considering?  Do I need to do further work to transfer everything from Brand B to Brand A?

Diagram:  I've created this diagram for myself to help me understand how the Google ecosystem works....is this right / wrong?

Google_Brand_Diagram.jpg

Thoughts?

2 Expert replyverified_user

How do I transfer My Business Listing from one Google Brand Account to another Google Brand Account?

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

For #1, yes you can transfer a listing from one business account (or brand account) to another. I just tested it, and it works fine. Note that you'll want to transfer in listview, since I'm not quite sure how to do it otherwise. 

For #2, I'm not sure how setting up Google analytics would work, since you can pull in GA to GMB dashboard if they are owned by the same account. 

Joel Headley, Google My Business Top Contributor
Find me on: Twitter

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor

To confirm @Joel H hint on list view ( 1# ):

this HC article tells it explicitely 

To transfer locations to a business account:

1. Sign in to Google My Business.
    2. Make sure you’re using list view. If you’re viewing your locations as cards instead of a list, switch to list view by clicking the list icon  on the right side above your locations.
    3.  etc etc...

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Did you ever get an answer to how to transfer ownership of a My Business Location from one Brand Account to another Brand Account?

The answers provided by #2 and #3 were telling you how to transfer a My Business Location from one Brand Account to a Business Account, and did not answer the question you asked.

I have the same question as you; can we transfer a Location from a Brand Account to another Brand Account

Top Contributor
# 5
Top Contributor

The listing is the brand account. You cannot transfer. 

If you want to transfer the listing between one email address or another, you'll need to manage those permissions separately.. 

Joel Headley, Google My Business Top Contributor
Find me on: Twitter