My Business
4.5K members online now
4.5K members online now
Follow threads that discuss the latest tips on how to get your business online… for free!
Guide Me
star_border

How do I remove old photos from Maps business entry, that I can't see in My Business?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Looking at them now, they seem to be "From the web", but these old out-of-date photos are being seen in place of the new ones that I only uploaded last week.  I don't understand...  How do I remove these old items?  

The images I'm seeing appear to be from our website, but we don't want these drowning out our nicer pictures in google maps.  Can I turn these off completely?

West Auckland Woodturners Guild, New Zealand

1 Expert replyverified_user

How do I remove old photos from Maps business entry, that I can't see in My Business?

Rising Star
# 2
Rising Star

You need to rename them on your website, ensuring that the original image URLs return a 404.  THEN flag them for being low quality.  It is important that the image returns a 404 - not found result.  It seems to take up to 6 weeks for removal.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Seriously?!  That's the recommended way to do it?  Can't the person running the business page just specify they don't want to use those images?

Thanks for the reply...  I'm just a bit stunned at the method!  :)

[ Edited ]
Rising Star
# 4
Rising Star

Yes, actually, you can specify to Google not to use those images using robots meta tag by using the "noimageindex" directive (https://developers.google.com/webmasters/control-crawl-index/docs/robots_meta_tag) or by specifying the image in your robots.txt file (https://support.google.com/webmasters/answer/6062608). However, once they are indexed (like these are), adding this directive does NOT remove them.