My Business
742 members online now
742 members online now
Follow threads that discuss the latest tips on how to get your business online… for free!
Guide Me
star_border

How do I remove hours from display?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

How can we remove/hide the hours from displaying on Google search? For some reason there's an "hours" field randomly showing 9:30 - 5:00 weekdays, which seems to be generated by Google my Business and causing confusion.

We are a university library with 5 library sites on our campus, and our hours are quite fluid.   There's some help information showing how to import spreadsheets and so on but we don't have the resources to maintain and monitor this (and from other questions on the forum, it seems Google doesn't always pick these up correctly anyway).

2 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Systems T
February 2016

Re: How do I remove hours from display?

Top Contributor
# 8
Top Contributor

Hi @Systems T

Once you've claimed your business listing you can remove all the business hours and that section will no longer show in Maps or Google searches.

Be aware though that Google may automatically pick up the opening hours from your website: https://library.leeds.ac.uk/opening-hours so it is worth keeping an eye on the listing to see if that happens. Unfortunately at the moment there's no way to stop that from happening - if it does happen you'll need to change the hours back to your preferred options.

Priya Chandra, Google My Business Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.
-----------------------------------
Follow me on Twitter  |   Connect on G+  |   Read my Blog

View solution in original post

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
would you mind providing a link to your library showing incorrect or unwanted hours?

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
[snip]

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor
I expected to get from your a link to what Google or GoogleMaps shows for your library.

Is this link https://goo.gl/maps/aPLyETGt45z showing the library in question?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Yes ... though it doesn't show all the locations.

Explorer ✭ ☆ ☆
# 6
Explorer ✭ ☆ ☆

Under your listing it asks you 'Claim this business' which you can do and be able to manage and update the information that is shown.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Thanks, Hoang. Can you prevent a section from being displayed at all? It didn't seem like that was an option.
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Systems T
February 2016

Top Contributor
# 8
Top Contributor

Hi @Systems T

Once you've claimed your business listing you can remove all the business hours and that section will no longer show in Maps or Google searches.

Be aware though that Google may automatically pick up the opening hours from your website: https://library.leeds.ac.uk/opening-hours so it is worth keeping an eye on the listing to see if that happens. Unfortunately at the moment there's no way to stop that from happening - if it does happen you'll need to change the hours back to your preferred options.

Priya Chandra, Google My Business Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.
-----------------------------------
Follow me on Twitter  |   Connect on G+  |   Read my Blog

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 9
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Thanks for the practical advice, PriyaC. :)

How do I remove hours from display?

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 10
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

how do you actually remove the hours though?