My Business
4.1K members online now
4.1K members online now
Follow threads that discuss the latest tips on how to get your business online… for free!
Guide Me
star_border

How do I properly remove a duplicate listing

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭

I have a client that recently left and went to BeRanked then came back, but BeRanked created a duplicate listing with a misplaced map marker. I am now a manager on the original listing, and just acquired ownership of the duplicate listing BeRanked created. How do I properly remove the duplicate listing in a way that ensures it will actually be completely removed, and not just tossed back out as an unmanaged duplicate? 

1 Expert replyverified_user

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

@Richard G

Please include the following with your question for both listings in question:
1. Full business name
2. Current business address
3. Current telephone number
4. GoogleMaps Link or GoogleSearch link

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭

Duplicate To Be Removed (Service No Longer Offered)

Salty Jig Boat Rentals

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭

I have supplied the information you requested. I really need to ensure the duplicates gets removed and I need to ensure that I'm not just releasing and unmanaged duplicate listing back into the wild. Thanks

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭

It's been two weeks since I posted this. I have since gone through trying to close the listing, but that only resulted in removing it from my dashboard but it's still the primary listing on maps for the business, just not actually managed by anyone. 

I was able to fix the misplaced map marker so at least both listings are at the correct address. 

So now a Google employee knows about the duplicate listings, there has been no avenue provided to me or anyone else to remove a duplicate listing if someone controls both, and apparently, a Google employee knowing about it is not enough to remove the duplicate.

HELLO GOOGLE (OR REPRESENTATIVE OF), I HAVE PROVIDED YOU WITH WHAT YOU NEED FOR EVERYONE TO FOLLOW GOOGLE GUIDELINES. ALL YOU NEED TO DO IS REMOVE THE DUPLICATE LISTING THAT I HAVE PROVIDED MUCH DETAIL ON. THANK YOU :)

seriously....

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I just need to verify first if you get this and second that you are who I need to talk to in reference to cleaning up my duplicate listings/business info and merging all account info.. quite confusing...thank you sir.