My Business
1.6K members online now
1.6K members online now
Follow threads that discuss the latest tips on how to get your business online… for free!
Guide Me
star_border

How do I mark my location in the map?

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi how do I put a marker or icon on Google map? I want people to be able to see my store pin at the Google map whenever they search nearby my place. I want it to be shown even when people don't search for my place. Kindly advise. Thank you.

1 Expert replyverified_user
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by Manoj S (Google Employee)
April 2016

Re: How do I mark my location in the map?

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

You are referring to Place Labels.
https://support.google.com/business/answer/6056435

It is Google Local algorithms that choose what business listings are shown as Place Labels and it is not possible for business owners to request inclusion of the business listing as a Place Label. There is also nothing business owners can do with their business listings to ensure that their businesses are displayed as a Place Label on Maps.

treebles, Google My Business Top Contributor

How do I mark my location in the map?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

My business has been registered and verified on Google My Business for over two years and it still has no label at any zoom level.  Several nearby businesses that have recently opened do, as well as, some that have been closed for some time.  I've reported this to Google but no response.  I'd say the algorithm is flawed.  Anybody have suggestions?