My Business
2.5K members online now
2.5K members online now
Follow threads that discuss the latest tips on how to get your business online… for free!
Guide Me
star_border

How do I get two office addresses to appear on the RHS of Google search results page?

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

We have two office addresses in Edinburgh and Wilmslow. Currently only the Edinburgh address appears on the RHS of the Google SERP (see screenshot). Does anyone know how to get our second address to appear? 

Screenshot 2017-02-23 10.31.11.png

2 Expert replyverified_user
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by Mike Blumenthal (Top Contributor)
February

How do I get two office addresses to appear on the RHS of Google search results page?

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Google has two criteria for whether something shows on the front page of Google.... relevance and prominence. 

I would assume given that your Wimslow listing shows in Maps but not even on a search like web foundry wilmslow that Google thinks it significantly less on prominent than your main listing. 

This could be a function of time if the Wimslow office is new but time also increases relevance and prominence measures so even if time passes it is likely that your Edinburgh office is likely to have more of the things that Google is looking for. 

One way to increase the relevance and prominence of your local landing page for Wimslow would be to accrue more geo notated inbound links.

Another would be to get reviews for it at Google, Yelp and other review sites that might rank for the brand + city search. 

And finally you might want to think about moving from your home page being the local page to the creating a local landing page for each of your locations and then linking to that in the GMB and doing a fair bit of internal site linking to be sure that their geo is obvious... i.e. link to those pages from the home pages on phrases like Web Foundry - Wimslow  and  Web Foundry - Edinburgh  and doing so from the about us page, the contact us page and throughout the site.

And you might need to do all of those things. 

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Mike

Thanks very much for the advice. The Wilmslow office is indeed new, and we have landing pages set up for both locations so there is definitely some work to be done in terms of internal links, links from GMB etc. 

Thanks again

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Have you seen other businesses with more than one address listed on the RHS? I'm just wondering if it is even a possibility to have this?(although it is obviously still worth doing everything you suggested regardless)

[ Edited ]
Top Contributor
# 5
Top Contributor

Yes. The criteria is algorythmic. There is a valence to relevance & prominence and a threshold for each entity (i.e. local listing) that is needed for any given listing to make it into Maps and then onto the front page for any given term.

At this point the one that is showing has a significant relevance delta over your new listing. That delta leads to the One Box. If you can narrow that delta by increasing the relevance of the new listing then it is likely that both will show. 

Due to the time your new listing is at a disadvantage and at this point does't even show in the main search for a brand + city search for me. I would get that listing showing first and then move on the more difficult problem of getting them both showing for the brand search... 

starbucks buffalo is an example. 

Top Contributor
# 6
Top Contributor

S I just figured out what RHS stands for... you won't get them both on the right hand side. Only the One Box will show there. You will, if successful get a two pack ala starbucks buffalo

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

It's good to see that more than one location can be shown on the box that appears within the SERP. What about the box that appears on the right hand side of the results? Can only one address/map be listed on that?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 8
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Ok thanks for clarifying

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 9
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

One last question - where does Google get the information from that appears in the right hand side box?

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 10
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Correct me if I'm wrong Mike, but the majority of the information pulled over to the "RHS" or "One Box" of the SERP's comes from your GMB (Google My Business ) listing Joan.