My Business
2.8K members online now
2.8K members online now
Follow threads that discuss the latest tips on how to get your business online… for free!
Guide Me
star_border

How do I get my business to show in the map during a general search for category?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I set up my business and if you type it in by exact name it shows up on the google map.  My question goes a little further.  I have a fishing charter business and during a category search with the city listed (ex: Vero Beach Fishing Charter) several other charter businesses, without "Vero Beach Fishing Charters" in their name show up.  However my listing never appears in the category suggestion map.  I spoke with several of the other businesses, as some are friends, and they advised that they simply verified their addresses and category and it appeared on the suggestion search map.  I confirmed that my address is verified and my category is correct.    

Any recommendations or ideas where I may have left something out or skipped a step in set-up?  Any help is greatly appreciated!

1. On Island Time Charters

2. 840 37th Place, Vero Beach, FL 32960

3. (772) 473-0694

4. https://business.google.com/b/103382815903648650893/dashboard/l/07020976425621856235

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: How do I get my business to show in the map during a general search for category?

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi @SJ B

I do see your business in the map results for some relevant keywords. Not in the first three results but when I click through to view more listings on the map. For example, I see you 6th for fishing charter vero beach. To try to improve your visibility, I would recommend taking the time to read and follow suggestions that Tim Capper mentions in his article: https://www.en.advertisercommunity.com/t5/Articles/Boost-your-Local-SEO-amp-Business-Visibility-in-S...

TomW, Google My Business Top Contributor
Was your question answered? If so, please mark the post that answered it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.