My Business
7.2K members online now
7.2K members online now
Follow threads that discuss the latest tips on how to get your business online… for free!
Guide Me
star_border

How do I delete a page?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I set up two Google My Business pages for a former employer when I was its Marketing Director.  I've been gone for almost 2 years and have tried to transfer management of the pages to my replacement.  He has not taken action to claim management after almost a year.  I sent him and the company owner an email last week saying I would delete the pages today if I did not hear back from them on a preferred alternative.  I have not heard back from them and would like to delete the pages.

I clicked on the page I want to manage, clicked on the bar at the top left and scrolled down to locate a "delete" option.  I cannot find one.  At the bottom I see "Managers", "Settings" and "Contact Support" but no "Delete This Page"

Where may I find the delete action?

1 Expert replyverified_user
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by Manoj S (Google Employee)
April 2016

Re: How do I delete a page?

[ Edited ]
Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

@Gary S The option to delete the page is within the "Settings" section. Go there and scroll to the bottom of the page. 

Here's the help doc- https://support.google.com/business/answer/4569146?hl=en

Colan Nielsen, Google My Business Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.
Find me on: Google+ | Twitter
VP, Local Search at Sterling Sky

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
As I described in my initial post, that's where I looked but the option is not there.

I'd be happy to post a photo to show you what I see (or do not see).

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
I apologize @Colan, I finally found the Settings button and was able to take the desired actions.

Top Contributor
# 5
Top Contributor

No need to apologize @Gary S. Glad you found it!

Colan Nielsen, Google My Business Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.
Find me on: Google+ | Twitter
VP, Local Search at Sterling Sky