My Business
2.2K members online now
2.2K members online now
Follow threads that discuss the latest tips on how to get your business online… for free!
Guide Me
star_border

How do I create a line break in my review response?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I recently posted a response to one of our Google reviews, and my carefully typed response has been mashed into a wall of text. All of my line breaks disappeared when I hit "submit". 

Is there a way I can create line breaks in my response so it is easily read? It just looks horrible as it is.

Thanks!

1 Expert replyverified_user
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author URBANO P
February 2017

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Nope - this super IT concern seems not able to realize this trivial stuff

Re: How do I create a line break in my review response?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Thanks! At least I know there's no solution... even though there ought to be.

It would be nice if they would add a response box like the ones in this forum--then our customers wouldn't have to destroy their eyes on a wall of text.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hey Mate, 

This was happening to me as well, My response to the customer was only 412 Words.

It was Publishing the response in "google my business - View & Reply " with no Line Breaks/Paragraphs.

However i went back to check how my reply appears under my business' reviews in google and it renders perfectly, 

I assume this is just a small error with the way that business.google.com displays your response to you. 

All in all: Just because the editor in "business.google.com" submits the text with what looks like, no spaces/paragraphs, it doesn't mean it renders that way under your google page/business profile.

I Hope this helps you out, I spent hours chasing my tail with this one :)