AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

My Business
2.3K members online now
2.3K members online now
Follow threads that discuss the latest tips on how to get your business online… for free!
Guide Me
star_border

How do I control the image shown in Google SERPs?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I've been trying different combinations of images in the Profile, Cover and Logo sections for days.  I've also removed and re-uploaded all of my images and the SERPs still don't show the image I want.  For whatever reason the image chosen appears completely random.

Also, how do I control the Google street view automated screenshot?  It's currently showing the side of a van on one of my listings?

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: How do I control the image shown in Google SERPs?

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi @Dr T

You can't really control the images because Google randomises these for "user experience" or so they say.

The best option is to add, logo and cover image >> then only high quality images in the Photo section within the account. You will find that the higher quality images tend to be displayed more often in search result.

For the street view, try and adjust the PIN marker slightly so that the Van is not visible or so prominent

Tim Capper, Google My Business Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.

Find me on: Google+ | Twitter | Facebook | Linkedin
Tim operates a bespoke Local SEO Consultancy in the UK, Online Ownership