My Business
5.1K members online now
5.1K members online now
Follow threads that discuss the latest tips on how to get your business online… for free!
Guide Me
star_border

How do I combine or delete Multiple Business Listings?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I have one location, but multiple listings.  How do I combine or delete the repeats?

2 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by Manoj S (Google Employee)
April 2016

Re: How do I combine or delete Multiple Business Listings?

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
Are the multiple listings verified and in a dashboard?

Do they all have the exact same name, phone and address?

There are several strategies but if they are all in dashboards, get the name, phone and address the same for each. Then delete from the dashboards and either call Google support or report them as duplicates via Maps.

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by Manoj S (Google Employee)
April 2016

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
Are the multiple listings verified and in a dashboard?

Do they all have the exact same name, phone and address?

There are several strategies but if they are all in dashboards, get the name, phone and address the same for each. Then delete from the dashboards and either call Google support or report them as duplicates via Maps.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
It appears that everything has the same information. If I do a google search of my business name, it pops up on the right side of the search results. I clicked on "claim business" and requested a code. When the code came in the mail, I did the same thing and tried to enter the code and it gave me an error saying I had the wrong email address. I cannot get past this step so I cannot figure out exactly what is going on. I know this is probably not helpful. I am extremely good with this sort of thing, but I'll tell you, this stuff is the most confusing convoluted stuff I have ever seen. Law Office of Chris Schmiedeke, PC 8710 Greenville Ave., Suite C Dallas, Texas 75243 214-989-7375 Telephone 214-764-3720 Facsimile chrislawyer.com http://thedallasdivorceblog.com/ Facebook.com/dallasdivorcelawyer Twitter @chrislawyer

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Amen, Chris :) It's bigger than all of us. Writer, Dreamer, Believer Bend, Oregon, USA Direct Phone: 1-541-588-2077 Home on the web: http://donsturgill.com

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello Mike,

I have several duplicate listings but only 1 is verified, I am not comfortable deleting the unverified duplicates because I don't want to inadvertently remove the 1 verified account which takes the 2 weeks to become active.

The problem I have with the removal process is all the images and details show up and are warning me of complete removal from google along with used apps, so I hesitate, it would be nice if the removal process said instead. click the location one wishes to keep while removing the rest.

I suppose it is best to call google on this, I'm never able to find a number to call.

Sincerely, Mark

Top Contributor
# 6
Top Contributor

Hi @Mark P

The warning message that comes up when an unverified page is deleted, is a bit scary I know. if you'd like to contact GMB support directly to have those pages removed then you can request a call by using this link: https://support.google.com/business/contact/business_c2c_l?rd=3#

Priya Chandra, Google My Business Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.
-----------------------------------
Follow me on Twitter  |   Connect on G+  |   Read my Blog

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello Mark,  

Your question is valid as while deleting an Listing Active or Inactive from your account gives you a warning as shown in picture below.

001.JPG

If this is the message you are getting please be assured that it won't delete any app or service which are associated with your Active/Published Business Page.

However in case you are getting any different message please upload a screenshot so we can help you further.  

Thank you