AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

My Business
4.9K members online now
4.9K members online now
Follow threads that discuss the latest tips on how to get your business online… for free!
Guide Me
star_border

How do I claim, manage and verify franchisee's existing Google My Business accounts?

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I have been assigned the chore to find and manage all of the Google+/My Business accounts for our franchise. I have created new ones for the missing, but how should I go about gaining access to manage all of the others?

When I have tried I get the "This phone number has already created the maximum number of accounts," message. I have at least 45 more to work with so what do I do?

Is it possible to have me be made an manager on these accounts without changing the franchisee's current login? Can these be brought under my account like the new ones that I have set up? Then I would have access to mange the info, images and reviews.

Please help! Is there a corporate process that I am missing?

2 Expert replyverified_user

Re: How do I claim, manage and verify franchisee's existing Google My Business accounts?

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hey @Paul E

consider using / creating for each business (and all its locations) a separate "Google Business account" - managing then each business through its own "Google Business account"

This HC article describes the "how to create suchbusiness account"

Re: How do I claim, manage and verify franchisee's existing Google My Business accounts?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Thanks, All of these accounts are already created, I am just trying to get management of them for consistency and franchise search.

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor
Hi Paul,

The individual page owners would need to assign you as a manager on their page(s). If you've got a large number of locations, then it is probably best to set up a Business Account: https://support.google.com/business/answer/6085326 rather than using your own personal Google account to manage the locations.

Priya Chandra, Google My Business Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.
-----------------------------------
Follow me on Twitter  |   Connect on G+  |   Read my Blog