My Business
3.6K members online now
3.6K members online now
Follow threads that discuss the latest tips on how to get your business online… for free!
Guide Me
star_border

How do I change which Google+ Page is associated with Google Business?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I recently learned that Google Business automatically generates a Google+ Page for businesses. I don't like that. I already had a Google+ Page set up and I'd like to keep using that one, but I'd also like to tie it to the Google Business Page, and possibly even delete the generated one.

If Google wasn't so complicated with their dumb Google+ changes, I could probably figure this out. Though, I'm don't switching back and forth between the classic and new Google+.

My question: How do I change which Google+ Page is associated with a Google Business page? I am the administrator of both the auto-generated G+ page and the one I created.

Thanks in advance.

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: How do I change which Google+ Page is associated with Google Business?

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi @Philip J

Go to this url with the page id of the new page that is currently connected to your listing:

https://plus.google.com/b/(your page id)/pages/settings/plus

Scroll down to the Profile section at the end and you should see a button labeled "Connect a different page". From there you should be able to choose the page had already created.

TomW, Google My Business Top Contributor
Was your question answered? If so, please mark the post that answered it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I appreciate the response. However, the page you described is only accessible in the "Classic" version of Google+, for which there is no button as you described. See shot below:

snip41.PNG

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

Hey @Philip J

Can you confirm that you are an owner of the listing? For listings that I am a Manager of, I see the same as your screen capture. For listings that I am an Owner of, I see the "Connect a different page" button right below the line that says "This page is connected to Google Maps."

To check to see if you are an owner, from within the dashboard click on the three line horizontal menu in the top left corner and select "Manage users". Or follow the first 4 steps listed in this article: https://support.google.com/business/answer/3403100

TomW, Google My Business Top Contributor
Was your question answered? If so, please mark the post that answered it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.