My Business
1.9K members online now
1.9K members online now
Follow threads that discuss the latest tips on how to get your business online… for free!
Guide Me
star_border

How do I change my business type from Service Area page to Brand page?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I am new to this. Under Choose Your Business Type, I selected Service Area page instead of Brand page for my online ebook business and now I don't seem to be able to change that. Do I delete the page and start again or will I lose my business name? Any advice would be much appreciated!

1 Expert replyverified_user
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Liz P
June 2016

Re: How do I change my business type from Service Area page to Brand page?

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi @Liz P,

I'm assuming you haven't done any verification of your page yet, correct? If so, yes you can delete the unverified listing from your dashboard and start the process over to create a brand page.

Best regards,

Meghan

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Thanks Meghan, I hadn't verified yet, really appreciate your quick reply :)

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Thanks so much Meghan, I hadn't verified the page yet, really appreciate your help :)

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi Meghan,

I'm having a similar issues, but the Service page was verified. Do I need to 'unverify' first?

Bo

Top Contributor
# 6
Top Contributor
Hi Bo,

Please see my response to your question here: https://www.en.advertisercommunity.com/t5/Basics-for-Business-Owners/How-do-I-switch-from-a-Service-...

Priya Chandra, Google My Business Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.
-----------------------------------
Follow me on Twitter  |   Connect on G+  |   Read my Blog

How do I change my business type from Service Area page to Brand page?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Meghan, that is seems like sound advice, to just delete and start the process over. BUT - in my case, the process didn't offer to input business type, much less other ino. Am getting frustrated in this. Can someone please assist?

Top Contributor
# 8
Top Contributor

Hi @Serenity B

Can you please start your own thread with your business details.

This allows us to keep the forum organised and gives you the attention you need.

This ( https://www.en.advertisercommunity.com/t5/Google-My-Business/ct-p/GMB ) is our top level Community--from there, you can click into the board title that is most applicable for your issue. Once you're in an individual board, you can click on the red/pink + sign in the lower right corner of the screen to start a new topic.

Thank you.

Priya Chandra, Google My Business Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.
-----------------------------------
Follow me on Twitter  |   Connect on G+  |   Read my Blog