My Business
3.7K members online now
3.7K members online now
Follow threads that discuss the latest tips on how to get your business online… for free!
Guide Me
star_border

How do I change Local SEO to Normal SEO?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I got verified and was very pleased to see my business up on the right side of Google. However, when I asked someone from another country to try, they didn't see my page at all. So I found out I have "Local SEO" and it's only visible in my area. My business is a web shop targeted to the whole Europe, so this is very troublesome. How do I change it to show up to other European countries? 

Thanks for helping! 

https://www.google.dk/maps/place/Oh+My+Kitten/@55.5016139,9.505095,5z/data=!4m2!3m1!1s0x0:0x75fe94c6...

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: How do I change Local SEO to Normal SEO?

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

@Minttu f

I don't really understand and know whagt you rerfer as  Local SEO Cen central Europand "Normal" SEO.

But I know your listing as as bad as you can imagine for any local ranking as a GoogleMyBusiness at all.

YOu created it as a Service Area businss using the option "I serve customers at their location" (not servicing them at oyur location is implicit specified too)

I very much doubt you are facing all  your customers in person in 85% of the entire north &  central Europe as your SAB seem indicating:

Screenshot 2017-03-02 at 18.31.30.png

please note any SAB exceeding a radius of about 50 kilometers is of no worth for  a good ranking  - in opposite!

Its very contraproductive on SEO

_________________________________________________________________________________

Attention: Google decided in their fathomless wisdom changing in March 2017 their system of notifications about new threads or responses in the GMB forum to a very worst behavior. This way they corrupted my workflow entirely. Don't expect I will notified about any new response by you on my posting here unless you're using the mentioning functionality on your new response - mentioning me per " @[my name]"

How do I change Local SEO to Normal SEO?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I changed the service location option you mentioned. My business information still doesn't show up at the top at other countries when they google my business name. Or is this whole thing supposed to only show up locally for small businesses?