3.5K members online now
3.5K members online now
Follow threads that discuss the latest tips on how to get your business online… for free!
Guide Me
star_border

How do I add a Free Call number

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I want to add a Free Call number to Google My Business page.  How can I do this without an error appearing?

Thanks

1 Expert replyverified_user
Highlighted

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

what kind of error? You should be able to use an 800 number if you need to. It's not recommended, but it shouldn't prevent you from entering that kind of number. 

Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi James

Sorry I didn't explain that very well.  It is a Free Phone number but it contains letters.  ie 1800 LIBRARY or 1800 INSURANCE. It makes it easier for the client to remember your telephone number.  I expect the, error occurs due to the use of letters instead of the numbers.

Is there anyway around this?  Plus, I also want people to know it is a free call number can we add this somewhere?

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Experience Works Resumes Careers
July

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

Ah, I understand. You can't do that actually, Google only accepts numbers in that field, no vanity numbers allowed. You're more than welcome to use an 800 number, it just has to be the raw numbers instead. As I pointed out, in Google's Guidelines they say:

Use a local phone number instead of central, call center helpline number whenever possible.

An 800 number, depending on the industry, may get you a lower response rate from consumers, and it may slightly negatively impact your rankings, but if you're okay with that, then go for it. 

If you'd like to display the phone number in the format you link in the knowledge panel when people look up your business by name, you can do that now with Google Posts. Google Posts are only live for 7 days though, so it's something you'd have to keep updating, but it's probably the closest thing to a solution for you that's available. 

Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Thank you James :)

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Thanks James :)

Top Contributor
# 7
Top Contributor

Happy to help!

Experts in the Topic
james w