My Business
3K members online now
3K members online now
Follow threads that discuss the latest tips on how to get your business online… for free!
Guide Me
star_border

How can my business total all time visibility on insights go from 350,000 last month to 15,000 now?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

This doesn't make sense to me. 

My all time visibility on google my business insights for businesses I manage has changed. For one of the businesses the total all time visibility has gone from more than 350,000 last month to 15,000 now.

One any given day this month the displayed number of clicks to the website exceeds the number displayed of people that saw the listing according to the "visibility" graph.

Has Google changed something? 

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: How can my business total all time visibility on insights go from 350,000 last month to 15,000 n

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi @Jim M

I will check about all time visibility being lower then previous month.

Regarding clicks. Are you saying that across the visibility (total, search, G+ posts, photo ) is lower then clicks to site ?

So if clicks to site were 100 the visibility section shows less then 100. If so, something is wrong there. 

Could you take a screenshot please, so we can forward on.

Tim Capper, Google My Business Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.

Find me on: Google+ | Twitter | Facebook | Linkedin
Tim operates a bespoke Local SEO Consultancy in the UK, Online Ownership

Re: How can my business total all time visibility on insights go from 350,000 last month to 15,000 n

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi Tim,

Thanks for the reply.

As it turns out Google has announced that there is a problem with "insights" on Google Business Pages. They say the engineers are working on it.

To illustrate the problem I have attached a screen shot. In the screen shot you can see the number of "clicks" on the listing is more than the number of times it has been seen. I don't see how that can be. As it turns out, it isn't correct.
Hopefully the issue with be fixed soon.

In addition the all time number of views in this screen shot is hundreds of thousands less than it was last month.

https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-SmE_tYsrWFk/V2wZ_AMaKFI/AAAAAAAAD5o/e1QHkVqqI8oKN5eBT2ZlhJPbLTljv...

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor
Thanks, have sent screenshots with other reports, for them

Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.

Top Contributor
# 5
Top Contributor

Hi @Jim M

Can you check your insights, they are apparently back to normal today.

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Tim,

Thanks for asking. Google insights does appear to be working normally today.

Jim M

<edited by a Community Manager as noted below>

NOTE: This post has been edited by a Community Manager - per Community Guidelines - in order to remove contact information which was most likely due to an email or mobile footer. This is done in order to protect account security and/or privacy. Please be sure to remove this information in future replies. Thank you for your understanding.