My Business
4.5K members online now
4.5K members online now
Follow threads that discuss the latest tips on how to get your business online… for free!
Guide Me
star_border

How can I have fake positive reviews removed?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

My Law Firm business site has started receiving fake positive reviews over the past several days. None of these reviews were left by former clients. They are all 5 star reviews and each has the same text/comment word for word. This is pretty obviously an attempt by a competitor to have my business page penalized for obviously fake reviews.

How can I have them removed? I have flagged them as inappropriate but the categories don't quite fit the situation. I have spent years in this profession and generally am the first business listing for my keywords. I don't want to see all of my hard work messed up by someone using shady practices.

Thanks,

George Heym

2 Expert replyverified_user

Rising Star
# 2
Rising Star

Have you hired a company to help you with SEO?  The other approach would be to report the contributor profile. If you post the link to your Google My Business page here some of the advanced contributors can escalate is. Also in a different forum for local guides, there is an outline on how to report a contributor that is spamming a listing  If you post your profile link here the other contributors could help here, but would have to see details of the situation. In the guides forum, you do not post publically the contributors profile there is a private messaging system.

David W Cox, Google My Business Rising Star
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.
Find me on: Google+ | Facebook |

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Thanks, it does seem to be local guides spamming my listing. I will try reporting it to the moderators there. how do I private message them there?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I go to connect and try to start a discussion and it takes me to the login page. I then login and it takes me to my page. I hit start a discussion and I go right back to the login page. This is driving me crazy, I just want to tag a moderator to stop the spamming by local guides. @TraciC

Rising Star
# 5
Rising Star

Looks like you got a moderator so that is good. To go through the steps you need to join the community first. Do you have a Gmail account? When you get past the sign in process here is how to do a private message.  I have been logged in so long I do not remember the process. I hope the link above helps

Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.

Rising Star
# 6
Rising Star

see the last post it has instructions

Top Contributor
# 7
Top Contributor

Hi @George H

lemme now the details of the business in question and I will escalate the issue to Google

Please include the following with your question: 
1. Full business name 
2. Current business address 
3. Current telephone number 
4. GoogleMaps Link or GoogleSearch link

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 8
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Mr. Geissler:

Thanks, it has become obvious that these are reviews by "guides" trying to boost their level. Interestingly enough there seems to be somewhere that they are getting info for reviews because all of them have the same exact text including a speling error.

The business name etc. is

The Law Offices of George Heym - DUI Defense Lawyer
564 Forbes Avenue suite 810
Pittsburgh, PA 15219
Phone 412-521-2628
I am not sure how to find the google search link.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 9
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Rising Star
# 10
Rising Star

@Helmut Geissler This link does look to be the right one. I hope you can get it straightened out for him. The questioned reviews are commented