My Business
2K members online now
2K members online now
Follow threads that discuss the latest tips on how to get your business online… for free!
Guide Me
star_border

How can I completely remove a Locations Page so that it can be replaced with a Brand Page?

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello.

I have previously run a Google My Business Location Page, which now shows in my Google Search listings for my website. I have attempted to delete the location page and have successfully done so, as I can how to see it in my 'Restore Previously Deleted Pages' list. I also have a Google My Business Brand Page also connected to my website which has been verified.

How long does it take for the location box on the right of the search results to get changed to the brand information box?

My Google Plus Page Name: ELHostingServices

https://plus.google.com/b/111672580190364318146/+ELHostingServices Is the new brand page which I need to replace the old page, but the location information is still showing in the listing even though the page has been deleted.

If you could help me out, I would be grateful, thanks!

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: How can I completely remove a Locations Page so that it can be replaced with a Brand Page?

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
1- Deleting a Google Plus page will NOT delete a location from Google Maps, it just removes your ability to edit the local page.

2- The only way to get a local page deleted is to call support and note that you do not provide services to local customers and are online only. If that is the case they will delete your local listing from the database.

3- However, once that is done it is very unlikely that the Brand Knowledge Graph will show. It is very difficult to get a brand to have enough relevance and prominence for Google to show it on the main search results page.