My Business
4.5K members online now
4.5K members online now
Follow threads that discuss the latest tips on how to get your business online… for free!
Guide Me
star_border

How To Avoid Duplicate Address Issues for Physicians and Their Business Location Listings

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

When reading the GMB guidelines for individual practioners, it states:

Individual practitioners (e.g. doctors, lawyers, real estate agents)

An individual practitioner is a public-facing professional, typically with his or her own customer base. Doctors, dentists, lawyers, financial planners, and insurance or real estate agents are all individual practitioners. Listings for practitioners may include title or degree certification (e.g. Dr., MD, JD, Esq., CFA).

An individual practitioner should create his or her own dedicated listing if:

• He or she operates in a public-facing role. Support staff should not create their own listings.
  • He or she is directly contactable at the verified location during stated hours.

A practitioner should not have multiple listings to cover all of his or her specializations.

Multiple practitioners at one location

If the practitioner is one of several public-facing practitioners at this location:

• The organization should create a listing for this location, separate from that of the practitioner.
  • The title of the listing for the practitioner should include only the name of the practitioner, and shouldn’t include the name of the organization.

In following these steps, how do you avoid duplicate address issues between the practice and its respective physicians?

Is there a code or specific way to label physician pages vs practice pages, so they are not penalized in local searches for duplicate address issues?

Thank You

Jared Broussard

jared@blinkjarmedia.com

BlinkJar Media

225-300-4759

https://plus.google.com/u/0/+JaredBroussard

1 Expert replyverified_user

How To Avoid Duplicate Address Issues for Physicians and Their Business Location Listings

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

how do you avoid duplicate address issues between the practice and its respective physicians?

Google understands that multiple practitioners are at the same address. So while not all of the physicians will be treated equally by Google that is in no way a penalty just a reflection of their relative prominence. 

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Thank you, Mike. 

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Thank you for the information. I am following the above criteria with practice name and 20 practitioners names that share an address. However, Google is still flagging the business accounts as duplicate addresses. Can I still respond to reviews and ignore the duplicate address messages? 

Top Contributor
# 5
Top Contributor

Are you attempting to verify all of them in one dashboard? At the same phone number?