My Business
2.4K members online now
2.4K members online now
Follow threads that discuss the latest tips on how to get your business online… for free!
Guide Me
star_border

How Do I verify a listing if I want to keep my address private?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I can verify my listing but I am afraid that my address will be public. Do to the sensitive nature of my business I would like to keep the address private. Could someone suggest the best way to keep my address off the listing? 

1 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by Ben Fisher (Top Contributor)
February 2017

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

You'll want to create a service area business. I assume your business goes to locations to serve their customers? 

Here's the article on selecting a service area and keeping your address private

Note if your business is considered "online only" - where you're an ecommerce site shipping goods to a customer, you don't qualify for a local listing. 

Joel Headley, Google My Business Top Contributor
Find me on: Twitter

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by Ben Fisher (Top Contributor)
February 2017

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

You'll want to create a service area business. I assume your business goes to locations to serve their customers? 

Here's the article on selecting a service area and keeping your address private

Note if your business is considered "online only" - where you're an ecommerce site shipping goods to a customer, you don't qualify for a local listing. 

Re: How Do I verify a listing if I want to keep my address private?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Thanks for your help.  Problem is that I have a listing already and I have a yext account so when I updated the information it asked me to re verify google. The thing is we have 13 - 5 star ratings so starting a new profile is not advisable. We are a publicity firm ... 

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

Before updating on Yext, you should be able to link your Google My Business account information through Yext. Then, it shouldn't create a new listing, but just update the one in your account. 

Additionally, if that doesn't seem to work, on the listing edit page, there's a View Your Listings button in Yext, which will allow you to simply opt out of syncing to GMB (access via drop-down View ListingOpt out).