AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

My Business
4.8K members online now
4.8K members online now
Follow threads that discuss the latest tips on how to get your business online… for free!
Guide Me
star_border

How Can I Control Google Maps Photos Associated With My Google Business Listing

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 1
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

Since Google Plus got divorced from Google My Business (again) considerable confusion has resulted. 

Problem: The Hangout loves its customers. Unfortunately not all are adept at taking good photos. Google Maps show these photos over Google My Business. I can't remove them or seem to block from appearing in the feed. Adding photos via Google My Business does not override or place these photos ahead of Google users or photos pulled across the web.

Q. How Can I Control Google Maps Photos Associated With My Google Business Listing?

Is there any end to this madness or is crazy just the new normal?

The Hangout Restaurant & Beach Bar 

901 Ocean Avenue
Seal Beach, CA 90740

Tel: (562) 431-4888

https://plus.google.com/+TheHangoutRestaurantandBeachBarSealBeach

Re: How Can I Control Google Maps Photos Associated With My Google Business Listing

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 2
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
Hello @Nicholas_M,

I hear your frustration in your question above. Unfortunately, you cannot remove or block certain pictures from being associated, but you can flag photos as inappropriate and see if that helps. You can also choose one of your photos to be preferred to show with your map, but only one picture.

Also, I would suggest that the photos showing with your GMB listing on google search actually look good. I think users like to see more "natural", less professional level of photos as it makes it feel more welcoming and inviting.

Let me know if that helps!

Nick