My Business
1.6K members online now
1.6K members online now
Follow threads that discuss the latest tips on how to get your business online… for free!
Guide Me
star_border

Hours of Operation

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Our venue is only open the 2nd Sunday of every month on a regular basis.  I can't enter that without making it look like we are open every Sunday or by putting all Sunday up and showing all but the 2nd Sunday as closed and the system won't allow me to do that, either. Is there any way to do this that I haven't found.  People are coming when we are not open and trespassing.

Thank you,

Byrd M

NOTE: This thread has been moved from the AdWords Community to the Google My Business (GMB) Community, by a Community Manager.

4 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Hours of Operation

Google Small Business Advisor
# 2
Google Small Business Advisor
That's a tough one Byrd... I haven't seen a solution for this one yet.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Someone in Google needs to make a fix that allows the special hours to
operate separately from hours of operation and any special hours needs to
accept letters and numbers.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
I need a solution to this. The format is too inflexible.

Rising Star
# 5
Rising Star
It looks like you will just need to tell Google you are closed on all Sundays.

Perhaps have a Rare Sunday ad campaign that only runs on the Sundays you are open (manually set), that doesn't include location extensions.

I can imagine that irregular Sunday openings cause problems for you in the real world as well.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
They are not irregular, they are the 2nd Sunday of every month.

Top Contributor
# 7
Top Contributor

Hi @Byrd M just to clarify, are you talking about an AdWords Campaign or a My Business listing?

If it's AdWords, then the solution is a script that enables the Campaign only on the 2nd Sunday; it's relatively easy to determine this in scripts.

Jon

AdWords Top Contributor Google+ Profile | Partner Profile | AdWords Audits

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 8
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
No, the 2nd Sunday's do not cause a problem because all other formats we use are more flexible than google's. Our local newspaper helps us out by including us on their calendar the 2nd Sunday of we every month, and they highlight us as often as they can.

Badged Google Partner
# 9
Badged Google Partner

Hey Byrd M, this really sounds like you are having an issue with your hours on GMB, If it is Adwords Jon Gritton gave the best answer of using Scripts. 

Here is some reading material on Scripts 

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 10
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Google won't let me close all the days and just have my written text that tells when we are open and how to have a personal tour at another time by going to our website. I'd rather have it all gone than be telling people we're open when we're not!

Someone, not me, put the original info up. How did they do that? I am the president and owner of Spring House Institute and Spring House. Why should anyone else be able to put our info in the business or ad part of google? AND, it's incorrect!