My Business
1.3K members online now
1.3K members online now
Follow threads that discuss the latest tips on how to get your business online… for free!
Guide Me
star_border

Hours of Operation for Locksmith

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 1
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆

I have a locksmith asking about hours of operation guidelines.  A staff member is in the office from 7am to 7pm.  However, the phone calls forward to a cell of the locksmith on call from 7pm to 7am.  

Is is Ok in this instance to list the business hours as all day or does the locksmith have to have someone in the office for the business to show as open after 7pm?  Thanks in advance for your assistance.

2 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by Manoj S (Google Employee)
April 2016

Re: Hours of Operation for Locksmith

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
If he has a storefront where customers can show up unannounced and the address is displayed in the Local business listing on Maps, then he needs to list only the hours when somebody is at the office.
If he rather had a business listing setup as a service area business with hidden address, then he can list the 24 hours business hours.

treebles, Google My Business Top Contributor

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by Manoj S (Google Employee)
April 2016

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
If he has a storefront where customers can show up unannounced and the address is displayed in the Local business listing on Maps, then he needs to list only the hours when somebody is at the office.
If he rather had a business listing setup as a service area business with hidden address, then he can list the 24 hours business hours.

treebles, Google My Business Top Contributor

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 3
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
Thanks @treebles!
I suspected that was the case.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
But not helpful really is it, I also have the same problem with a Locksmith business. Has there been any other changes to this problem?

Top Contributor
# 5
Top Contributor
HI Lesley

Can you please start your own thread with your business details.

This allows us to keep the forum organised and gives you the attention you need.

This ( https://www.en.advertisercommunity.com/t5/Google-My-Business/ct-p/GMB ) is our top level Community--from there, you can click into the board title that is most applicable for your issue. Once you're in an individual board, you can click on the red/pink + sign in the lower right corner of the screen to start a new topic.

Thank you.

Priya Chandra, Google My Business Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.
-----------------------------------
Follow me on Twitter  |   Connect on G+  |   Read my Blog