AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

My Business
5.1K members online now
5.1K members online now
Follow threads that discuss the latest tips on how to get your business online… for free!
Guide Me
star_border

Hours for Multiple Departments

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi,

Is there a way to list hours for multiple departments that are located at the same business? For example, a car dealership showroom hours are 9 to 9 but the Service Center is only open from 9 to 6. The Service Center doesn't have a separate address so it can't be listed as another business.

Thanks!

2 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by Manoj S (Google Employee)
April 2016

Re: Hours for Multiple Departments

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi @Dan M

There is no way to add separate hours.

However, I am sure that a service center and dealership can have 2 business pages. Its not the address that causes issues, but the tel number.

Check out the guidelines:

https://support.google.com/business/answer/3038177

Departments within other business, universities or institutions

Departments within businesses, universities, hospitals and government institutions may have their own pages on Google.

For each department, the category that is the most representative of that department must be different from that of the main business and that of other departments.

The main business "Southend Toyota" has the category "Toyota Dealer" whereas "Southend Toyota Service & Parts" has the category "Auto Repair Shop" (plus the category "Auto Parts Store")

Tim Capper, Google My Business Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.

Find me on: Google+ | Twitter | Facebook | Linkedin
Tim operates a bespoke Local SEO Consultancy in the UK, Online Ownership

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by Manoj S (Google Employee)
April 2016

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi @Dan M

There is no way to add separate hours.

However, I am sure that a service center and dealership can have 2 business pages. Its not the address that causes issues, but the tel number.

Check out the guidelines:

https://support.google.com/business/answer/3038177

Departments within other business, universities or institutions

Departments within businesses, universities, hospitals and government institutions may have their own pages on Google.

For each department, the category that is the most representative of that department must be different from that of the main business and that of other departments.

The main business "Southend Toyota" has the category "Toyota Dealer" whereas "Southend Toyota Service & Parts" has the category "Auto Repair Shop" (plus the category "Auto Parts Store")

Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Thanks, Tim. I'm familiar with the guidelines but it looks like they updated them recently. I'm glad they have the car dealership example.

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor
Great, if you have any more problems just shout

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi guys,

We have a new car showroom at address A and it has its own page. Then we have Pre-owned, Parts and Service existing at address B with its own address. Is it possible to set different hours for Pre-owned - different hours for parts and different hours for service? Thanks so much. Having a real problem with this. 

Top Contributor
# 6
Top Contributor

I'm afraid 

but you can't have different hours for different "departments" of a location (I consider "parts" and "service" as kind of departments)

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Yes, it is possible to have different departments display different hours at a dealership as shown below.

How can we add add these additional department hours, which would benefit sales, service and parts customers for a better experience?

Sir Walter See More Hours.pngSir Walter See More Hours_Expanded.png

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 8
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Thanks for the example, Shawn. I was not aware you could do this. Is it a new feature? I don't see an area in the GMB dashboard to add multiple sets of hours. Any details you can provide on how to set it up would be helpful. Thanks!

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 9
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

That is my question: How and where are we able to add these additional hours?

I have scoured the Internet and am unable to find the 'How To' on this.

Top Contributor
# 10
Top Contributor

Hi @Shawn Z

If these business listings are well known, then it should be automatic.

If not then you need to contact business support.

1) get all the listings listed inside of the correct locations - Main location - business listed inside

2) then ask for the additional hours to be added to main knowledge panel.