My Business
4.6K members online now
4.6K members online now
Follow threads that discuss the latest tips on how to get your business online… for free!
Guide Me
star_border

Home address used on mobile business

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

On similar topics no fix was posted for others to use. This is a 100% mobile business, and the home address being used on the map is problematic. Not only is it irrelevant to customers and desired to be kept private, it's also causing issues with searching in our specific service areas.

https://plus.google.com/+BarkandBrushesGrooming

1 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by Manoj S (Google Employee)
April 2016

Re: Home address used on mobile business

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

Hi @Bark and B

If you are editing, this means you are in your business admin >> only you can see this address 

It hides your home address, when you select serviced area and leaves your city name.

The reason it leaves your city name, is because thats the city that you registered the account with our in other words the business location for which you serve.

You cannot remove the city because thats your business location and where you serve customers.

Please see Google My Business guidelines to get a better understanding of the purpose of a business page.

https://support.google.com/business/answer/3038177

Tim Capper, Google My Business Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.

Find me on: Google+ | Twitter | Facebook | Linkedin
Tim operates a bespoke Local SEO Consultancy in the UK, Online Ownership

View solution in original post

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi @Bark and B

I believe this was fixed.

I cannot find your home address on a mobile search, even zooming in as before.

If you can see your home address, can you screenshot and show us where this is happening.

Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

It shows when I try to edit the business info to remove the city name from the public page. Is there no way to use a different city or even a whole county for public display and a separate, hidden address for business verification? Searches in our target market aren't working well due to the physical address requirement.

Tim Capper wrote:

Hi @Bark and B

I believe this was fixed.

I cannot find your home address on a mobile search, even zooming in as before.

If you can see your home address, can you screenshot and show us where this is happening.

Our target city is listed as a service area. Is that the best that can be done?

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by Manoj S (Google Employee)
April 2016

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

Hi @Bark and B

If you are editing, this means you are in your business admin >> only you can see this address 

It hides your home address, when you select serviced area and leaves your city name.

The reason it leaves your city name, is because thats the city that you registered the account with our in other words the business location for which you serve.

You cannot remove the city because thats your business location and where you serve customers.

Please see Google My Business guidelines to get a better understanding of the purpose of a business page.

https://support.google.com/business/answer/3038177