My Business
4.3K members online now
4.3K members online now
Follow threads that discuss the latest tips on how to get your business online… for free!
Guide Me
star_border

Home address as business address

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi everyone :)

I was wondering if anyone could advise me on what the implications are of having your home address as your business address when it comes to Google?

Are there any implications we should be aware of?

Are you able to enter the address when signing up but have the address set to private and still able to appear in Google Local?

Any advice at all would be greatly appreciated :)

Thank you!!

Laura

1 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Laura B
December 2016

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor

@Laura B & @Kristy T

believe your best choice would be creating a service area business if you don't serve customers at your home address.

Doing it this way your address can hidden to the public - your business will appear on Google showing the name and phoen and website and the service area - but no address then.
Learn more here

View solution in original post

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I was wondering the same thing as I do not really wish for my home address to be out in the view of others however my business is in my home so in seeking info I came across your request for info. I wish there was a reply as it seems all home address questions are without replies and it being so prevalent one would think we could find some of them replied to. 

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Laura B
December 2016

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor

@Laura B & @Kristy T

believe your best choice would be creating a service area business if you don't serve customers at your home address.

Doing it this way your address can hidden to the public - your business will appear on Google showing the name and phoen and website and the service area - but no address then.
Learn more here

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Thank you Helmut - this has been a great help!

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I'm in the same boat...I've looked service area thing, but don't understand the instructions.