My Business
7.1K members online now
7.1K members online now
Follow threads that discuss the latest tips on how to get your business online… for free!
Guide Me
star_border

Hiding my home address but unable to be validated

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi, 

I'm hoping someone can help me. I run an interior decorating and organizing business from my home. I opened a mailbox at UPS, but I then found out that was not able to be used for verification.

I then changed my listing and hid my home address and set a service area of 60 miles from my home address. I did this because I expect clients will contact me through my website and I will then go to their home. 

I did a verification call with Google and then received an email saying that my business could not be verified and that I now needed to provide a logo on my car, tools and equipment. This does not apply to me however since I am not delivering food where I might have a logo on my car or doing physical home improvements where I might have a truck with a ladder. 

I'm not sure how to proceed so my business can be verified. My information is below:

Home Methods

841 E. Fort Ave. #153 (will not list home address here)

Baltimore, MD 21230

443-377-3531

homemethods.com

Thanks,

Emilie

1 Expert replyverified_user

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

@Emilie s

what you said about the email requesting a photo of your logo on your car sounds strange for me.

Can you please copy this mail to here  (including the subject ot the mail - I suppose the subject contains a case ID and  I need this if i would escalate your issue my way to google)

_________________________________________________________________________________

Attention: Please make sure to mention me by adding @[myname] to your responses. Otherwise the notification might not make it and your thread will go unseen.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Here is the email I received. Thank you @Helmut Geissler for your help. 

Google My Business

Hello Emilie,

Greetings from Google My Business support,

We understand your concern about verifying your business "Home Methods".

We are sorry to inform you, we are on email away. We don have phone support.

In order to verify your business listing, we need to see your business details i.e; your business logo on the vehicle, tools and equipment.

Once you have with the required details reply back to this email to proceed with the further verification process.

Or

You may try requesting another postcard delivery to the business location. 

For more information, please watch our video or refer to our Help Center instructions on verifying your business.

Thanks for your cooperation and understanding. If you have any other questions, feel free to contact us. We’re happy to help you get your business on Google.

Have a great day!

Regards,

Aparna

Google My Business Support Team

Google Inc. | The Google My Business Team | Google Marketing Solutions | business.google.com

[ Edited ]
Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

Thanks @Emilie s before escalating this I have few questions after I read the email you provided and having reread your original posting here in the thread:

1# did you contact Business Support on your own before getting their response and why:

(Did the requested PIN not arrive at your home address or what other reasons lead you to contact Business support after having defined a service area arounf your home address)

3# what is the status of the listing in your dahsboard?

(is it just not yet verified or is it suspended)

_________________________________________________________________________________

Attention: Please make sure to mention me by adding @[myname] to your responses. Otherwise the notification might not make it and your thread will go unseen.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

@Helmut Geissler

I contacted business support after not receiving my PIN. I can't remember the exact order, but I completed my initial request, and then I did not receive my pin, and then I contacted business support and they told me to make the changes I did, and then I was unable to be verified. 

The status appears to be verification required; however, I have seen it as suspended in the past.

Top Contributor
# 6
Top Contributor

@Emilie s

got it

I then would recommend applying the second offered path as per their mail and request a new PIN.

Depending on what happens then I will advise more.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

@Helmut Geissler

I just requested a code via phone, and I think I have the correct setting where my address is only visible to me. Can you please confirm if this is what you're seeing as well?

Top Contributor
# 8
Top Contributor

Hi @Emilie s

I can't look into your dahsboard.

But in case you specified your home address and unchecked "I also serve customers at my business address" you should have done it correctly.

Let's wait what happens now.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 9
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

@Helmut Geissler

It looks like everything is set up as it should. Thank you for your help!