My Business
4.4K members online now
4.4K members online now
Follow threads that discuss the latest tips on how to get your business online… for free!
Guide Me
star_border

Help with viewing the landing page

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 1
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆

I manage over 560 pages for a Verizon Premium Retailer- Cellular Sales. We utilize the landing pages to keep track of our reviews and to respond to them. However the bug yesterday will not let me view these pages as usual

This is what I used to see when I logged into chrome and used the url. Now I can only see it in IE 11.

Google ie 1.JPG

This is what I see now. Is there anyway to fix this? Or is it a bug? Or is there a way I can see the same infochrome new look1.JPG

google + issue 1.JPG

1 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Jay W
February 2016

Re: Help with viewing the landing page

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
What you see here is the new Google+ Pages Layout - You probably got this when you clicked on "Get the new G+" button

Try to search for a "Back to classic G+" somewhere on the Lower Left side of the G+ Page or go to https://plus.google.com/settings and select Classic G+ under General Settings
If you're managing these pages from the Mobile Google Business App, then I suppose there is no option to revert back.

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Jay W
February 2016

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
What you see here is the new Google+ Pages Layout - You probably got this when you clicked on "Get the new G+" button

Try to search for a "Back to classic G+" somewhere on the Lower Left side of the G+ Page or go to https://plus.google.com/settings and select Classic G+ under General Settings
If you're managing these pages from the Mobile Google Business App, then I suppose there is no option to revert back.

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor

@Jay W

What you provided as landing page view (not showing the reviews) is the so called "new" G+ page view.

Its not a bug but intended for the "new" G+ not anymore to show reveiws (beside of much more hidden or disappeared information)

The lack of shown reviews has nothings to do with the "Yesterday" bug.

Its just intended for the New G+

You are (still???!!!) free to revert your G+ view back to the "good old" classic view of G+

You then should see the review through it tab "about" as I do see them for the page https://plus.google.com/108621781025432261349/about 

with their 30 reviews:

Screenshot 2016-02-04 at 17.11.03.png

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 4
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
Thank you Helmut and Yad-

I tried reverting back several times yesterday and it wouldn't work. It finally did today.

Can you please tell me what the benefit is in the new google+? It limits the user experience and doesn't help the company at all... so why not just disable it?

Top Contributor
# 5
Top Contributor
Frankly Jay I don't see any benefits for the new G+ look at all. Maybe the GoogleGods see more or believing to improve their users G+ experiences. I do not believe it. Otherwise Google seems doing many steps to cut the very closed relationship between G+ and other Google products. This New G+ view and how it shows business pages might one of the steps to cut entirely the connection between GMB ans G+ - Its of course my personal guess only.

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 6
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
I can completely understand it if they are trying to create a generic directory listing or are going to try to offer landing pages that so many SEO companies are soliciting us with. But the Classic view is serving both purposes already.

Do you have any links or forums you can direct me to so I can maximize our listings and the way I list them

I have currently taken this over from a digital company that was responsible for this. I am learning as I go.

I know how to add and manage the pages with our GMB log in. I know how to edit the listing information. But was wondering how descriptive or generic the description portion needed to be and if it helped. It appears to effect search results when i add more details. But does it affect page ranking?

What about adding pictures, videos, etc? Thank you for your help

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
The new look is probably aimed at the Mobile Users & Mobile platform considering more G+ pages are being searched and visiting on a Mobile Device these days.

You can check the Update details here - https://plus.google.com/+LukeWroblewski/posts/jJvNS3mwxyv
Most of the users have complained about the New Layout though - which can be seen in the comments section.

Top Contributor
# 8
Top Contributor
since your task is managing a bulk list of a company I have to admit this isn't my best field to deal with.

@Jay
I recommend at first using all info of their HC about bulk feed
https://support.google.com/business/answer/3217744?hl=en

If there are still question unanswered I would encourage you starting for such GMB-L specific questions to start a new thread.