My Business
2.7K members online now
2.7K members online now
Follow threads that discuss the latest tips on how to get your business online… for free!
Guide Me
star_border

Help with duplicate listings for same business, suspended listing, etc.

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I have one business: Burton Photography, 166 Chapel Hills Rd.  Boone, NC 28607, 828-266-9889, NCphotographer.com

Somehow I have entered two listings for the same business.  One is suspended and one is pending.  I can't seem to enter in whatever is the correct thing to have it show up.  Help!!!

1 Expert replyverified_user

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi @Jonathan and Bonnie B, was the suspended listing previously verified? Is that why you created the second listing?

Colan Nielsen, Google My Business Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.
Find me on: Google+ | Twitter
VP, Local Search at Sterling Sky

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Thanks for your answer.  I asked for a verification code which was mailed to me which I entered.  Then I got a message that I needed to verify my listing so I requested the code again which was mailed to me and I entered.  

But I can't see that anything I enter actually goes anywhere! So I am absolutely confused.  Plus I get phone calls about every 23 minutes from someone who wants to update my Google listing.  HELP PLEASE!!!

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

Sorry to hear about the pestering calls from "Google". It's a big problem. Check out this article in relation to that www.en.advertisercommunity.com/t5/News-Updates/IMPORTANT-If-you-are-Plagued-by-Calls-from-quot-Googl...

In regards to your original issue, can you tell me how the second listing ended up in your account?

A screenshot of your listings in the dashboard would help me troubleshoot and advise.

Thanks

Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Thanks for your help.  I'm sure I am the one who created two listings in trying to get one to appear.  I entered a verification code that I got in the mail but couldn't see that anything ever showed up in Google so then I got another "verify your business" request and got another code mailed to me and started over.  One of the listings I uploaded pictures to but nothing ever shows up.  I'm confused.  I took screen shots but I don't see how to attach them to this post...

Top Contributor
# 6
Top Contributor

To upload a screenshot click on the "Full Reply Editor" link in the bottom right corner after selecting "Reply"