My Business
2K members online now
2K members online now
Follow threads that discuss the latest tips on how to get your business online… for free!
Guide Me
star_border

Help with address removal

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Google has suddenly started showing a location address and map of my company.

As it's a work from home business we have chosen to not share this information as it is private property and not a commercial office. We do not receive visitors and work online. Previously it always had the name, website and telephone listed but no address. I can't work out how to get rid of the address?

I've tried to verify my acct to see if I can delete it manually but the telephone call never comes through. I can't wait two weeks for a postcard as I don't want the dress map to be there for that long.

Company is Bridge Models Limited. The registered address is: 20 Brunel Close, London SE19 3AE.

Tel: 0203 637 0684

Thank you in advance

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Help with address removal

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi @Beth W

Were you able to successfully claim the listing in your account? There is a verified listing for "Bridge" with that address and phone here: https://goo.gl/maps/BAgb5HAmt5w

TomW, Google My Business Top Contributor
Was your question answered? If so, please mark the post that answered it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Tom,

Did you get my last email?

I would really appreciate your help

Many Thanks

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

Sorry @Beth W but I don't see a message from you since my last post asking if you have ownership of this listing: https://goo.gl/maps/BAgb5HAmt5w

Here is the successfully verified page for "Bridge" https://plus.google.com/116802270616839089974

The listing was verified by an account associated with this email address: be…@gmail.com (Google provides a hint but does not show the full email address)

So it's a gmail account that starts with the letters 'be'... Hopefully that's a good sign and it is your account or one you have access to. If so, go here and sign in: https://business.google.com/manage/

Hopefully you will see the published listing for Bridge in there.

If so, you will be able to hide the full address on the listing by following the steps below:

Add and edit a service area

To edit your service area details:

1. Sign in to Google My Business.
    2. Make sure you're using card view. If you're viewing your locations as a list instead of cards, switch to card view by clicking the cards icon on the right side above your locations.
    3. Choose the listing you'd like to manage and click Manage location.
    4. Click Info at the top of the page.
    5. Click the Address section.
    6. In the window that appears, select Yes next to "I deliver goods and services to my customers at their locations."
    7. Enter your service area information. You can set your service area based on the zip codes or cities that you serve, or on a given area around your location.
      • Select the box next to "I serve customers at my business address" if you want your complete address to appear on Google and your business location is staffed and able to receive customers during its stated hours.
    8. Click Apply.

Please refer to this article for more info.

Good luck and let me know how it goes so I can provide further assistance if needed.

Was your question answered? If so, please mark the post that answered it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Tom, I managed to do that but it still shows up (apart from the house no) I seem to have two location listings so is that why?. if i select 'delete listing' will it just delete that one or the whole thing? 

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Tom, I managed to do that but it still shows up (apart from the house no) I seem to have two location listings so is that why?. if i select 'delete listing' will it just delete that one or the whole thing? 

Top Contributor
# 7
Top Contributor

Hi @Beth W

The listing no longer shows the full address. Isn't this how you want it to appear or do you not want a Google My Business listing for the business at all?

You have two listings in your Google My Business dashboard? Does the dashboard indicate they are both Published or is one Published and the other Not published?

bridge.png

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 8
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Yes two listings, one published and one not published. Should I delete the unpublished version? Or will that delete everything? 

I do want it listed but ideally without the road name. Is it possible to have it listed as just London? 

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 9
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Yes two listings, one published and one not published. Should I delete the unpublished version? Or will that delete everything? 

I do want it listed but ideally without the road name. Is it possible to have it listed as just London? 

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 10
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭