My Business
2.6K members online now
2.6K members online now
Follow threads that discuss the latest tips on how to get your business online… for free!
Guide Me
star_border

Help removing old reviews from business we just purchased and rebranding to make it our own

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

My family just purchased Mandalay Apartments from a corporation, and closed a few weeks ago. Address is 12443 Tech Ridge Blvd, Austin, TX 78753. We are working to rebrand this complex as family owned and operated, and running things VERY differently here, especially compared to an out of state corporation. I noticed that are bad old reviews, pertaining to last owners, and would like to have them removed so we can start fresh. We are investing a lot of money into the property and business, and want to have reviews that only pertain to us. Let me know what I need to do to do just that, so we can then proceed with more of your online advertising services. Thank you & we really appreciate your time.

1 Expert replyverified_user

Help removing old reviews from business we just purchased and rebranding to make it our own

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi @Ramon Q, Google won't remove them if the name of the business stays the same. You can check out the relevant help doc here - https://support.google.com/business/answer/3098204?hl=en

Change of ownership

If you are the new owner or manager of an existing business that hasn't changed its name, reviews will not be removed. You can use owner responses to respond to previous reviews and clarify any changes/improvements to the services your business is providing.

Colan Nielsen, Google My Business Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.
Find me on: Google+ | Twitter
VP, Local Search at Sterling Sky