My Business
1.7K members online now
1.7K members online now
Follow threads that discuss the latest tips on how to get your business online… for free!
Guide Me
star_border

Help removing doordash.com as an order option

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Recently Door Dash added our menu to their site without our permission. Now when I google our location their link comes up under our information with the link "Order".  How do I get this removed?

Zephyr Grill & Bar

1736 First Street

Livermore, CA 94550

2 Expert replyverified_user

Badged Google Partner
# 2
Badged Google Partner

Reading up on DoorDash, it seems someone has to Apply to be a restaurant on their website. So potentially someone in your organization may have applied, or because of the OpenTable you may be subjected to DoorDash as well.

As this is an Issue directly with DoorDash ( and Google My Business is just  displaying a pre-contracted detail) I suggest you contact DoorDash directly  Please email support@doordash.com 

The only other scenario might be the OpenTable   may have some deal with DoorDash and by signing up with OpenTable   you are also being subjected to DoorDash - so you can inquire or search about OpenTable.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

No, they added every restaurant in Livermore when they started up their delivery service.  We never signed up and don't want to be listed on their website.   I called them just now to have us removed. We'll see if that works but I highly doubt it.  More importantly I don't want their info listed when someone googles us.  If you click on the "order" link it brings up an old menu.  Not good!!

Badged Google Partner
# 4
Badged Google Partner

Lynn,

You may have to go the route of a cease and desist letter..

I will reach out to some of the "expert on this platform" to see if they have more info details or have experienced this situation n the past to offer other advice.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Thank you for your assistance!

Badged Google Partner
# 6
Badged Google Partner

Interesting read about DoorDash - http://ny.eater.com/2015/11/6/9678206/door-dash-delivery-nyc

In the comments and in the article, Contacting them Directly and "Pitching a Fit" the restaurant owners were able to get their info removed.

I would contact your legal representative a well to assist.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Lynn, 

We are experiencing this issue with door dash and also locu.com - were you able to get any resolution?

Thanks for any tips,

Jess K.

Re: Help removing doordash.com as an order option

Top Contributor
# 8
Top Contributor

Hi @Lynn T

It seems that the page for your restaurant was removed from doordash.

You can see the cached version that used to exist.

Zephyr Grill   Bar Delivery in Livermore  CA   Restaurant Menu   DoorDash.png

You can now Go ahead and contact business support to have the Doordash link removed from the knowledge panel.

Contact Business Support 

https://support.google.com/business/contact/business_c2c_l?rd=3#

OR - Go to Dashboard >> Manage Location

Top Right ( Hamburger Menu ) >> Support

Contact Business Support.png

Select Support >> Help Menu Pops Up

Scroll Down to Email

Contact Business Support Email and Call Back.png

Fill in the details >> Request Call Back or Email

Tim Capper, Google My Business Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.

Find me on: Google+ | Twitter | Facebook | Linkedin
Tim operates a bespoke Local SEO Consultancy in the UK, Online Ownership

Top Contributor
# 9
Top Contributor

Thank you @Tim Capper

Ben Fisher, Google My Business Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.

Find me on: Google+ | Twitter and Founder at Steady Demand - Social SEO 

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 10
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Jess,

I called Doordash yesterday at 650-652-8700 and told them I didn't want our restaurant or logo listed on their website.  Much to my surprise as of today it looks as if they took it down  As far as Locu, I use them for our menus to publish them on our website, Yelp and OpenTable.  It was something offered through OpenTable before they switched to SinglePlatform.  Locu is now owned by Godaddy.com.  You can call Godaddy for assistance, they were very helpful when I called.