My Business
4.1K members online now
4.1K members online now
Follow threads that discuss the latest tips on how to get your business online… for free!
Guide Me
star_border

Help remove old location

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

PLEASE HELP! Our old Chicago location for AIR® Aerial Fitness (North Lasalle) is showing up in Google Maps search results and people call complaining they are lost! Our new location is on West Erie. The google business rep told me to link the locations so that people would be directed to the new location but people are still calling because the search result is still there. PLEASE, PLEASE HELP!

1 Expert replyverified_user

Help remove old location

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 2
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

Hi @Jessie T

Do you have access to your Google My Business account for the old location? If so, you can log into your GMB to update the address.

Move a business on Google

Remove a location from Maps

Let me know if this does the trick!

Emy

Move a business on Google

If your business moves, update your address in Google My Business so customers can visit your new location. Don’t create a new business listing if you’ve moved from one location to another. You may be asked to verify your new business address once you update it.

If you want to update your address but you don't own the Google My Business listing, you can request access from the current listing owner. You can also report the incorrect address directly to Google Maps. 

Remove duplicate locations

If you mistakenly created a new listing for your business’s new address and now have two verified listings for the business (one listing for the old address, and one listing for the new address), contact support to remove the duplicate listing. If the new listing is unverified, you can remove it from your account by following these instructions

Remove old location from Maps

If you created and verified a new listing for your business but the old listing still appears on Maps, follow these instructions to file a request to remove it. 

Re: Help remove old location

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 3
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

I also went ahead and suggested an edit to the North Lasalle listing indicating that you have moved to your new location on West Erie. 

AIR®_Lincoln_Park_-_Google_Maps.jpg

Help remove old location

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 4
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

One more post -- here's another great article explaining this situation!

Search Engine Land: Google Is Fixing The “Permanently Closed” Problem by Joy Hawkins

Help remove old location

Top Contributor
# 5
Top Contributor

in case the valuable hints from @Emy H doesn't help oyu @Jessie T

Please provide me a link to the listing in question (at Nort Lassalle).

Seems I don't find it - I just found a lsiting at West Erie