My Business
5.2K members online now
5.2K members online now
Follow threads that discuss the latest tips on how to get your business online… for free!
Guide Me
star_border

Help listing business category

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I repair golf clubs. There is nothing I can list my business as. "sports equipment repair?" "golf club repair?" nothing even close, right now I am listed as a golf club which is ridiculous... Is there anything I can do? Can I add tags somewhere so if someone googles golf club repair I show up in a search? 

www.1puttclubrepair.com

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi @Jamie V

I feel your frustration! In this case I would go with "golf shop" which I know is not ideal, however, the good news is that Google is looking at more than just your Google My Business listing to determine what kind of services you provide.  Make sure your website content is optimized for relevant keywords and leverage the most specific categories for other directory listings, if available.

Taking a look at your website, I would make sure to mention "golf club repair" a few times on the homepage. On the Services page I would change one of the headers to "golf club repair" as well.

Additionally, there is evidence that Google is taking cues from 3rd party content like reviews. If you can get a review or two that mention golf club repair that would likely send more specific keyword signals to Google.

I hope this helps!

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi, our company(Ezy Park) is in the area of providing total solution for robotic / automated parking. We are head headquartered in Dubai. We recently registered in"google my business' and I couldn't find the primary category to list my business. To get the registration going, I list our business under "Automation Company". Could you please do the needful to add Robotic Parking or Automated Parking in the category list.

Regards

Ezy Park