My Business
5.6K members online now
5.6K members online now
Follow threads that discuss the latest tips on how to get your business online… for free!
Guide Me
star_border

Help cleaning up a business site to launch it

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

We've had a google business place for a few years.  No one has really used it, but it did generate 3 reviews.  One contains much false information, another is spam.  Is there a way of removing those or just starting over with a fresh listing?  We're at the point now were we would like to utilize the Business place to its fullest.

Thanks

Scott

Messiah Lutheran School

1800 S. 84th Street

Lincoln, NE  68506

402-489-3024

We can't get to the page anymore, but it shows up on the right side of the window when we do a google search for messiah lutheran school

1 Expert replyverified_user
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by Manoj S (Google Employee)
April 2016

Re: Help cleaning up a business site to launch it

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
Hi Scott,
This is the Maps URL for it
https://www.google.com/maps/place/Messiah+Lutheran+School/@40.793231,-96.6075317,17z/data=!3m1!4b1!4...
The business listing is not claimed, so reporting the reviews probably would get you nowhere.
There is no mechanism to delete the listing, if the church exists, and start with a fresh listing, the procedure would be to claim the existing listing.
Even if there were one such procedure, it would not do you any good because the reviews are stored on a separate database and would re-attach to the fresh listing.

I suggest that you claim the existing listing by verifying it, then report the reviews as the listing owner, to get them removed and if google refuses the request you can reply to the reviews to give the Church's viewpoint.

Please, take a look at the My Business help center to familiarize yourself with Google My Business.
https://support.google.com/business/?hl=en#topic=4539639

treebles, Google My Business Top Contributor