My Business
5.3K members online now
5.3K members online now
Follow threads that discuss the latest tips on how to get your business online… for free!
Guide Me
star_border

Help REALLY appreciated ! 3 Year-Long Issue - Red mark icon marker on map not showing

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I have never seen the red marker icon appear in google maps before or after the updates. I have had all varieties showing i.e. with 1st line of my address, or the just the town. 

Is it because I live on a border and google thinks the neighbouring county is the correct address for me?

www.gilesmillersings.co.uk

Also I didn't think I had to specify my 1st line of my address if my business isn't based at my home.

2 Expert replyverified_user

red mark icon marker on map not showing

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

@Giles M

Please include the following with your question:
1. Full business name
2. Current business address
3. Current telephone number
4. Google+ or GoogleMyBusiness URL

red mark icon marker on map not showing

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

1 www.gilesmillersings.co.uk

2 ( I don't feel comfortable putting my full home address on - is it necessary for a listing?)

Ramsbottom, Bury, Greater Manchester, BL09DP

3 07790169923

https://plus.google.com/u/1/+GilesmillersingsCoUkTopQuality?hl=en

Help REALLY appreciated ! 3 Year-Long Issue - Red mark icon marker on map not showing

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Helmut, you have asked me for personal details but have moved onto answering other posts. Can you please advise about this having requested the details from me. Thankyou.

Re: Help REALLY appreciated ! 3 Year-Long Issue - Red mark icon marker on map not showing

Badged Google Partner
# 5
Badged Google Partner

From the Map your service area appears to be Half the Country.

uk.JPG

I heard from UK expert @Tim Capper that 40 Miles or 60 Kilometers or something like that is the most optimal for service areas and being see.

Since I tagged him he should come around, or @Helmut Geissler will run back through 

Remember everyone here is a Volunteer and do this at their own spare time...

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Thanks Eric but that's what |I had set for the last 3 years, I just changed it tonight to see if it made a difference, besides I'm expanding my business so don't see why I can't have it covering the UK if I want it to.

Top Contributor
# 7
Top Contributor

@Giles M

There is nothings much to add what @Eric Gehler told you.

And you can't argue it have been this way for the last three years without issues.

Googles ranking algos are subject of "every day" changes and their algos will get changed without noticing or warning us.

Re: Help REALLY appreciated ! 3 Year-Long Issue - Red mark icon marker on map not showing

[ Edited ]
Top Contributor
# 8
Top Contributor

Hi @Giles M

You don't have to narrow your service area, however based on experience working with clients over the past 10yrs, anything over a 40mile service area, dilutes the signals.

You will never appear for Entertainer / wedding singer in a London, Liverpool, Birmingham, etc etc etc etc  search result. As Google present business that are location based 1st and foremost.

Because you are using a service area you do not get a PIN marker, rather a service area circle.

Tim Capper, Google My Business Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.

Find me on: Google+ | Twitter | Facebook | Linkedin
Tim operates a bespoke Local SEO Consultancy in the UK, Online Ownership