My Business
4.2K members online now
4.2K members online now
Follow threads that discuss the latest tips on how to get your business online… for free!
Guide Me
star_border

Help Needed with my account

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 1
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆

I just put a post up but it was confusing.  even for me.  lol

this is simpler to understand and exactly what I did:

I had an original gmail/google account.  it was my late fathers at the time.

I had created a business page with his account, where there were no reviews added and it was basic.  was really just experimenting.

I then deleted the business listing and opened a new google/gmail account to do my own thing all over again with my own account

I created the business page (Choice Fitness Repair) with the new account

25 great reviews then came in over the course of time

just recently.....I sent for a verification and it came and I verified the business listing.  I need to change things and start using Google properly.

now when I log in to my account page to edit the listing, I don't see my reviews.  and nothing I edit will show on the google page when you do a search for my business. 

can someone help?

i think the listing is still linked to my old fathers account for some reason??....but when I log into that old account.....I cant find it anywhere to change anything.

At this point...I don't care which account it is linked to....I just want to be able to edit the listing and don't want to lose those reviews.

help is appreciated.

2 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Help Needed with my account

Google Employee
# 2
Google Employee

Hi, @Kevin O. I've  moved your post to the Google My Business forum so you can get the help you're looking for. I've also archived duplicate threads you have created, so please keep any discussion related to this matter within this thread. Thanks!

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 3
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆

ok.  I was wondering what happened!! lol

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 4
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆

can anyone out there please help me?? 

Top Contributor
# 5
Top Contributor

Hi @Kevin O,

Reviews can be managed by searching for your business on Google Search and clicking on the Google Knowledge Panel (large info box on right hand side of SERPs (search engine results pages). When I do a search for the business you mention, I find this listing and can see 25 reviews in your GKP. If I was logged in to the Google account that manages this listing, I could click on the 25 Reviews and reply to them or flag them for review. There is nothing more anyone can do with reviews on Google, since you cannot remove them or edit them. This solves one of two questions you have. 

For the second one, you want to be able to edit your Google My Business info for this business. It sounds like you have set up access correctly, verified the listing, and have made edits... but then you do not see them. The thing is with the edits is that they are not instant. You have to make all of your edits and then step away for 2-3 days. You typically receive a email telling you what is what with the edit process. 

Also, you can use my link above and click on the suggest an edit link in your GKP and make some changes there, which will be compared to who you are and how the edits align with your Google My Business profile info. 

To me, it sounds like you have everything done correctly but are moving way too fast and making edits upon edits upon edits and with each click you are causing more confusion and delay by the system... and should simply pause for a bit and let everything catch up. Your GKP looks good, so that is a really great thing. 

Kind Regards,

James

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi All,

In your replies, you're tagging me (a different Kevin O) instead of the original author of the post. Just letting you know! :-)

Kevin O2

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 7
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆

the issue is....I dont see the reviews when I log into my Google account.  they are not there to do anything with them.

Top Contributor
# 8
Top Contributor

Hi Kevin,

I have explained that they are not going to be in your Google account. Reviews are not yours, they belong to the people leaving them and the public. If you are logged into the Google account that manages or owns the Google G+ business page that the reviews are left for... you can follow the information in my previous reply and write back to them as the business. If you are not logged in to the right account... you can not represent the business the reviews are left for. 

There is nothing more you get to do with reviews. 

Please clarify further as to what you are expecting to see or do and we can happily provide further info.

Kind Regards,

James

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 9
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆

I thought I was able to reply to the reviews that are left?

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 10
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆

the whole problem is.....I dont know where my account is.  no edits are working at all.  still. 

I have a new google account with kdoye211290125@gmail.com.  this is where I verified my page last week and should be my business listing.  it doesnt seem to be.  I am thinking there are 2 of my business out there.  how this happened....I have no clue.