My Business
5.3K members online now
5.3K members online now
Follow threads that discuss the latest tips on how to get your business online… for free!
Guide Me
star_border

Help Needed to Make My Google Business Appear!

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello! 

I am a hypnotherapist in the Forest of Dean - Dean Hypnotherapy. When I google hypnotherapy in the Forest of Dean, one business comes up on Google Business - Forest of Dean Hypnotherapy - and no mention of my business. So when you look up the area, you get that one business and not all the hypnotherapists in the Forest of Dean.

This doesn't seem to happen in other areas of the country, where a business has named themselves after the area, you still get the Google Business pages for the other hypnotherapists. You only see my Google Business page if you look up Dean Hypnotherapy, but add the word Forest and it disappears. And I don't even count when you look up the county, Gloucestershire!

All assistance greatly appreciated, and then some, Graham 

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Help Needed to Make My Google Business Appear!

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
please provide the URL of the business page in question as you will get it in browsers address bar after having clicked the link "MANAGE LOCATION" in your dashboard for the page.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

Hi @Dean H

I'm not sure why anybody should get you searching for  hypnotherapy in the Forest of Dean

But I can tell you getting you on a  search for  Hypnotherapy Service near Mitcheldeann as hypnotherapy SERVICE is your category.

Screenshot 2016-03-14 at 14.25.34.png

I btw get you also for 

for  hypnotherapy SERVICE in the Forest of Dean

See below

Screenshot 2016-03-14 at 14.31.35.png

Hope this helps

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Many thanks Helmut! It's good to know I appear when you type NEAR MITCHELDEAN, but I want people to see my Google Business page (along with the other gentleman's of course) when they search FOREST OF DEAN HYPNOTHERAPY, which is the search most use in the area, and I am in the Forest of Dean! Am I excluded simply because of the other business's name?
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by Manoj S (Google Employee)
April 2016

Top Contributor
# 6
Top Contributor

@Dean H

Nobody knows the secrets of Googles ranking algos

Learn more about "Ranking of local results on Google"

And study this great article provided by MOZ 
And here  from a googler (30th Nov 2015) "How do you optimize your Google My Business listing?"