My Business
1.6K members online now
1.6K members online now
Follow threads that discuss the latest tips on how to get your business online… for free!
Guide Me
star_border

Heads up business owners using google voice, stay away from google project fi

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hey googlers, I wanted to let you know before you make the same costly mistake as I did. Don't sign up for google fi project if you use a google voice number for your business. If you do, you will no longer be able to forward your business phone calls to your cellphone number, your business calls will go to google voicemail and you will have to check them manually.

If you use the Hangouts dialer to receive calls, it will also mean that text messaging will be handled by hangouts. Hangouts doesn't have searchable texts so you can't search your text messages, and they will also frequently get lost or not notify you of new texts.  Word to the wise, keep a separate non google cellphone service if you have a google voice business phone number.

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Heads up business owners using google voice, stay away from google project fi

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
Interesting to know. Thanks

Tim Capper, Google My Business Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.

Find me on: Google+ | Twitter | Facebook | Linkedin
Tim operates a bespoke Local SEO Consultancy in the UK, Online Ownership