My Business
5.3K members online now
5.3K members online now
Follow threads that discuss the latest tips on how to get your business online… for free!
Guide Me
star_border

Having trouble specifying service area for my coaching business on Google Places

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I am trying to set up my Google Places account and cannot get Google to accept the zip code for the area my business serves. I have selected "I deliver goods and services to my customers at their location" because I don't want my street address to show on my listing, but Google won't accept my zip code or city name below my address (see screen shot). What am I supposed to enter in that "My business delivers goods & services to customers within this area:" box? Am I missing something?

This is the error message I see when I enter my zip code or city name.This is the error message I see when I enter my zip code or city name.
3 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Having trouble specifying service area for my coaching business on Google Places

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
Hi Jane

Have you tried the "within x miles of your business" option?
Wondering if trying that option first, then going back and editiing to put in the postcodes you want will work.

Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.

Margaret O · Google My Business Top Contributor

Find me on · · my blog

Re: Having trouble specifying service area for my coaching business on Google Places

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor
That appears to be a bug. I just tried it and it didn't work for me properly either and I had already added a few zip codes. It should work whether you add a zip or a city name but neither is functioning. I will report it to Google.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi Margaret, yes I have done that and I still get the error message when I
enter my zip code in the field. I cannot enter my city name either. Very
frustrating.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Ok, thank you! I will check back in Google until I see it has been resolved.

Top Contributor
# 6
Top Contributor
Thank You Mike

Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.

Margaret O · Google My Business Top Contributor

Find me on · · my blog

Top Contributor
# 7
Top Contributor

@Jane M I just tested and it seems to be working. Is it working for you?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 8
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
I just went in and edited my info on Google Places. The field now seems to
work properly. Thanks so much for your help on this!

--
*Jane McMaster, MEd, AAC*
*ADHD and Executive Function Coach*
*JaneMcMasterCoaching.com*
*707.481.8135*
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Jane M
June 2016

Top Contributor
# 9
Top Contributor
Thanks Jane
for the good feedback telling us the bug (or glitch) got fixed