My Business
2.1K members online now
2.1K members online now
Follow threads that discuss the latest tips on how to get your business online… for free!
Guide Me
star_border

Having Trouble Connecting Google Plus page with You Tube Channel

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

We recently merged our Google Plus location page with our Google Plus brand page so that we now have one main page that includes everything - posts, reviews, etc. Now, we would like to connect our You Tube Channel so that videos are also pulled onto this main Google Plus page. To do this, we signed into our You Tube Channel, clicked the gear icon at the top for Settings -> Advanced -> Move Channel to Google + page. However, we are not seeing our Google Plus page show up as an option to choose from (however we are seeing our Backup page that we no longer use). The owner of the Google Plus page is the same owner of the You Tube Channel, so that's not the issue. Any advice?

Here are the two pages: 

https://www.youtube.com/user/KRDCabinets

https://plus.google.com/+Kitchenresourcedirect/posts

Thanks for any advice you can give!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by Manoj S (Google Employee)
April 2016

Re: Having Trouble Connecting Google Plus page with You Tube Channel

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 4
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
Hi Katherine P: you may want to post your question in the official YouTube help forum:

productforums.google.com/forum/#!forum/youtube

Also make sure you see the destination page when you view "All My Channels" (www.youtube.com/channel_switcher) - that will show all the Pages you own or manage whether they have a connected YouTube channel or not.

View solution in original post

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 2
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
@Katherine P

Check out this video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B-x5fFYQ4uo

It sounds like you may have already tried the advice in the video. If you are not seeing the correct G+ page listed as an option - you should double check that the owner/manager email associated with both G+ and Youtube are the same. Make sure that both accounts are using the same email. I hope this helps.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Thanks for the video Cody! Yes, that's exactly the steps I am following. Also, the owner email associated with both the G+ and YouTube are the same.
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by Manoj S (Google Employee)
April 2016

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 4
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
Hi Katherine P: you may want to post your question in the official YouTube help forum:

productforums.google.com/forum/#!forum/youtube

Also make sure you see the destination page when you view "All My Channels" (www.youtube.com/channel_switcher) - that will show all the Pages you own or manage whether they have a connected YouTube channel or not.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi Peggy,

Thanks for the suggestions! Yes, I just double checked it and the correct G+ page that I'd like to connect the You Tube Channel to does come up as a page owned in All My Channels. I will also try posting in the You Tube forum.