My Business
1.6K members online now
1.6K members online now
Follow threads that discuss the latest tips on how to get your business online… for free!
Guide Me
star_border

Hateful speech and ethnic stereotype- review is by an ex-employee

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

So we had an ex employee who left a nasty review 5 years after she has been in our employment, and it contained hate speech and ethnic stereotypes in the review. I flagged, nothing happened, I called google, they sent to a team to handle, and ended up saying that experience is what counts and they wont remove a review.  I went to my lawyer, and he said it was hate speech.  I dont know where to go now.  Am I allowed to post parts of review for anyone to give me their take?

Thanks in advance

Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭

Iliya- Seems like there are indeed violations, and it should be removed.  I would refer you to https://support.google.com/business/answer/2622994 and see that it violates a few points including Hate Speech, and Conflict of interest.  I would suggest you flag it again, and request others that know the circumstances flag it as well, maybe that way it will gain additional attention.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Thank you.  Even though it violates their policy, They told me that they have internal policies that they refer to that somehow we dont have access to that merit what is considered hate speech or name calling....

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Pretty Amazing how broken the review system is and how it can destroy lives and livelihoods.  Alphabet now has enough money to ignore any inconvenience.