My Business
1.7K members online now
1.7K members online now
Follow threads that discuss the latest tips on how to get your business online… for free!
Guide Me
star_border

HI please can you help me. I was working on my google page last night and today...

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello please I hope you can help me! I was working late last night and today with someone to help me on my google page. The thing is that I work online and I live and work in the same place. So for security and safety issue, I do not want to put my exact location in google. Can you help me please? Here is my website,  www.drdugast.com and my page is Dr. Dugast 

thank you kindly. Mahayana

my office em ail is info@drdugast.com

1 Expert replyverified_user

HI please can you help me. I was working on my google page last night and today...

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi @Dr M I D

online running businesses are not eligible fora GMB listing at all.

You are eligible only in case you meet your clients "in Person" (note: skyping or chatting doesn't count as contact in person)

In case meet your clients in person you could consider creating a service area bsuiness with hidden address

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Well let me explain some more... I also do retreats here and seminars, and even consultations, but I still don't want my address to be public so anyone can turn up anytime without booking - because I live here - this is for security reasons 

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

Just repeating my advise:

"In case you meet your clients in person you could consider creating a service area business with hidden address"

https://support.google.com/business/answer/3038163?hl=en

Re: HI please can you help me. I was working on my google page last night and today...

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
​Elmut thank you for this, any chance you could give me the step by step to
achieve this?

Also, and since you are so knowledgeable,
​could you help me with understanding (and correcting) why
the pictures I add to my 'at work' or 'overview' take precedence over the
'cover', 'profile' or 'logo' and show on the page below when I have already
selected the picture (picture of one of my books) to show on that page.
https://www.google.ie/search?source=ie7&q=dr+dugast&rls=
com.microsoft:en-US:%7Breferrer:source%3F%7D&ie=
UTF-8&oe=UTF-8&rlz=1I7TSEA_en-GB&gws_rd=cr&ei=YkaEWfe8BMzCgAbcj5rwAQ#gws_rd=
cr

​please note that r
ight now I had to delete almost all the new pictures I had added... so just
the book shows up
​. ​

T
​he picture showing up (where I wear red) is not on my google pictures... I
want one of my books instead?

Thank you so much I really appreciate your time and expertise, Mahayana

With Appreciation & Gratitude,
Dr. Mahayana I. Dugast

''You are far more powerful than you were led to believe.''

Books on Amazon

- Join me on: Linkedin/ You Tube / Facebook
/ Twitter

Phone: +353 (0)87 326 2549
To Book a Zoom Meeting click here

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

​Elmut thank you for this, since you are so knowledgeable, ​could you help me with understanding (and correcting) why the pictures I add to my 'at work' or 'overview' take precedence over the 'cover', 'profile' or 'logo' and show on the page below when I have already selected the picture (picture of one of my books) to show on that page. 

​please note that right now I had to delete almost all the new pictures I had added... so just the book shows up..​. ​and it still doesn't show?
T​he picture showing up (where I wear red) is not on my google pictures... I want one of my books instead?

Thank you so much I really appreciate your time and expertise, Mahayana

Top Contributor
# 7
Top Contributor

@Dr M I D

Not sure what other "step by step" info you need.

The linked HC article described as how a service area is to specify 

if this is done you need below of the service area specification to uncheck the little box "I also serve my customers at my business address" asthis will hide your previously specified home address to the public (despite of the fact you need to specify the address in your dahsboard)

Regarding photos I'm not  a big help and It seems Googles photo related algos do and decide what they like to do and decide showing very often photos not preferred by the business owner.