My Business
3.5K members online now
3.5K members online now
Follow threads that discuss the latest tips on how to get your business online… for free!
Guide Me
star_border

HELP REMOVING DUPLICATE LOCATIONS

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Madison Workshop West is the company name.

73812 Dinah Shore Drive Palm Desert, CA 92211

https://plus.google.com/111227944323882381423

Sometime in recent weeks our listing category was changed from "florist" to "dry flowers". Our correct business category is "florist". My first question is how does a change like this happen? I know that I can change it as an admin. but there is also an edit option for any google search user to "suggest an edit". Since only two in our company have admin. access and neither has made any changes to our account - the listing category change is both a mystery and a problem - when you google search "florist palm desert" - we just do NOT appear.

I've logged and and am going through the verification process again - the only option was via postcard.

While logged in I saw that there are duplicate locations. I have read all of the suggested messages about how to delete duplicate locations by selecting the duplicate location (left side box) and go to the upper right corner (three dots) and click remove. At that point, however, I am redirected to a page with just the selected location and a "remove" at the far right of the listing. After clicking on that I'm redirected to the log in window. I have to enter our password again (security? that's okay). BUT, at the next window I'm directed to a page that has the headline "Please read this carefully It's not the usual yada yada". What follows speaks only to deleting the account - NOT a duplicate listing. In fact, the word duplicate doesn't even appear on that page. It's ominous and sounds like the duplicate listing deletion with delete the entire account. Thanks in advance -

1 Expert replyverified_user

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

soory @David M

I can't seem seeing any duplicates

The only florist at the mentioned address I could figure out is 

this one

http://maps.google.com/?cid=5336371506756163409 (its an unverified listing)

Can you provide any links to duplicates?

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor

On e more remark to your concern about removing:

in the line above the headline "Please read this carefully It's not the usual yada yada" there should be a blue banner and inside it informs what they are going to remove if you continue.

Continuing you will nothings more achieve as to remove the one listing of your dahsboard.

Means - dont woory to remove any duplicate listed as such in your dahsboard.

Its the intended way to delete any listings from oyur dahboard.

Re: HELP REMOVING DUPLICATE LOCATIONS

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I am having similar concerns following the instructions to remove a duplicate, unverified listing. The wording inside the banner is 'One or more of your business listings aren't published. Complete the verification process to show your business listing on Maps and Search. ' On the right hand side of the banner 'Duplicate Listings' is  underlined, but that just repeats the heading of the post and appears to simply mark the page topic. I really don't want to remove the remaining listings under the account but the wording does imply this is what will happen.

Reassurance or re-direction would be much appreciated!