My Business
4.6K members online now
4.6K members online now
Follow threads that discuss the latest tips on how to get your business online… for free!
Guide Me
star_border

HELP! Left personal review now that business is threatening my business

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I left a review for a storage  in Florida that I had a negative experience with.  I own my own business in Georgia.  They are threatening to review my business and my sister in laws business because I won't  remove the review that I left. I do not know how to handle this, please help. PLease see my review as followed: 

IMG_3516.PNG

IMG_3526.PNG

IMG_3527.PNG

IMG_3558.PNG

IMG_3559.PNG

IMG_3560.PNG

IMG_3561.PNG

"Update 05/30/17: The owner contacted me and applogized for the employee's mistake. His response is the reason for changing the rating. He was not in control of the situation and he responded accordingly. The way a business handles a negative situation certainly shows the morals and integrity. We appreciate his response.
Original review: Please look at their pics on Google, a screen shot of our text messages is there. If ZERO stars were an option it would be my choice. I called to make a reservation on Wednesday, May 24, 2017 for a temporary parking spot for my brother and me. Every year, 3x's a year, we park our boats for a week at Surfside storage for $5.5 a day but they were full (Memorial Weekend) so we found Store it. We called and the man I was speaking to gave me a rate of $69 from May 26th-June 1st I asked him to have the manager, Ashley, call me back. I called my sister in law and she was waiting for a call back from Ashley also to see if she could get the $69 prorated as we were only there for 6-days and we usually only pay $5.5 a day. Ashley called me back, said she already had spoken to my sister in law and that she could prorate the temporary parking for $35. We arrived on Saturday (yesterday) instead of Friday and Ashley checked us in. She gave us "good" news that it was only $26, we were happy, we signed the contract, we paid, and left to go Start our family vacation. I get a text about 2 hours later that the rate is now $69 and that I can take it or leave it. I tried to reason that we had already signed the contract, paid, prearranged the cost 3 days earlier, nope! They had the old bait and switch and now the cost was $69. And to top it all off Ashley denied even having the conversation with me on Wednesday or in the office about prorating the cost and the signed contract was clear and paid upfront, $26. I have it all on text message and will upload it to Yelp and Google. What's really low about the whole thing is we had already started our vacation, we were on the ocean enjoying our family on Saturday afternoon, they thought they would leave us high and dry, bait and switch with no other option but to price gouge and we would have to pay 3x' more the cost. We called Surfside storage (who we've rented from 3-years in a row) and begged, they let us park right up against the building. At Surfside the owner met us at the gate, understood the situation and made parking spots, they went above and beyond. Never would I recommend Store it or Ashely as an employee.
***Update: 05/28/17 (Sunday) We were given a key fob to enter the property, we were told to put the key fob in the payment drop box at the office when we're checked out. If the key fob is not retuned there is a $25.00 fee. We tried to return it today and it does not work. Now we have to take more time out of our vacation to return the key fob durning office hours. WHY! Seriously, don't rent from here."