My Business
2.2K members online now
2.2K members online now
Follow threads that discuss the latest tips on how to get your business online… for free!
Guide Me
star_border

HELP! Being SPAMMED by Negative Review Troll - Jacob Jones!

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Everyone

There is a negative reviewer on Google by the name of Jacob Jones. He has posted over 600 negative, 1 star reviews - on small independent business. These reviews could seriously hurt such small businesses. Below is a link to his profile: 

Jacob Jones

https://www.google.com/maps/contrib/106907558629769059871/reviews/@46.8655749,-106.832507,4.25z?hl=e...

Could you please help these small businesses out by deleting his profile and removing all the negatives reviews he's posted.

Thanks a mil!

1 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Chris G
September

Re: HELP! Being SPAMMED by Negative Review Troll - Jacob Jones!

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi @Chris G - I will escalate this user to get checked out. thanks

TomW, Google My Business Top Contributor
Was your question answered? If so, please mark the post that answered it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Chris G
September

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi @Chris G - I will escalate this user to get checked out. thanks

Was your question answered? If so, please mark the post that answered it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Yes, this guy's one star negative reviews are all repetitive, almost auto-generated consisting of comments such as 'Rude and unprofessional!'. That does fall into the category of 'Spam' in Google's guidelines under 'don't post the same content multiple times'. https://support.google.com/business/answer/2622994?hl=en

Some of his comments towards some churches could come under the 'Hate Speech' policy too. Hopefully his profile and 630 negative reviews will get removed. Google needs to protect business owners against such trolls!

He's also flagged in this thread: https://www.en.advertisercommunity.com/t5/Spam-Policy/Natures-Inn-Red-Lake/td-p/1186362

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

My DJ business was also hit by this negative troller with a 1 star. What can we do to get his reviews removed? We know who are clients are, I have not done any events for a Jacob Jones - the review is spam. I flagged it on google as spam several weeks ago but it hasn't come down.

Top Contributor
# 5
Top Contributor

I will escalate this one again.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Jacob Jones trolled us with a 1-star review as well.

https://www.google.com/maps/contrib/106907558629769059871/reviews/@46.8655749,-106.832507,4.25z?hl=e...

Let's get this profile and the reviews removed ASAP

Top Contributor
# 7
Top Contributor

Hey all,

All reviews from this user have been removed.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 8
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Thanks for all your work on this. Can you remove the star rating as well? It seems the review is gone but the star rating remains

Top Contributor
# 9
Top Contributor

Hi @Brett O - For Nash Construction? he just left that as it wasn't there when I last posted. I'll see if they will remove it and hopefully prevent the user from leaving more reviews or ratings.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 10
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

The rating has since been removed. Thanks for your help