AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

My Business
2.5K members online now
2.5K members online now
Follow threads that discuss the latest tips on how to get your business online… for free!
Guide Me
star_border

Gutter Goblins NEWCASTLE NSW

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

My business is listed as permanently closed, this is not the case ! 

I have reported it on many occasions but it still comes up on the Google search as " Business permanently closed " 

Please help me to get this open again, I am permanently reporting it but nothing happens. 

2 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Gutter G
March 2016

Re: Gutter Goblins NEWCASTLE NSW

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
Hi Gutter,
Are you reporting the business as not closed using the same login as the one that manages the page?

If not sure, login to your GMB dashboard, check to make sure the page is listed. Then go report the business as not closed via Google Maps. Click suggest an edit.
Click the “Place is permanently closed or doesn't exist” toggle to make “No” appear.
Click Submit.

I also see you have a service radius set up. While it may be that you travel 2hrs any direction from your home base for clients, Google will likely consider that radius excessive and not necessarily trustworthy. . The default is often the best setting. (And a radius that large will not help your business show in the local pack for far-away locations.)

Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.

Margaret O · Google My Business Top Contributor

Find me on · · my blog

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Gutter G
March 2016

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
Hi Gutter,
Are you reporting the business as not closed using the same login as the one that manages the page?

If not sure, login to your GMB dashboard, check to make sure the page is listed. Then go report the business as not closed via Google Maps. Click suggest an edit.
Click the “Place is permanently closed or doesn't exist” toggle to make “No” appear.
Click Submit.

I also see you have a service radius set up. While it may be that you travel 2hrs any direction from your home base for clients, Google will likely consider that radius excessive and not necessarily trustworthy. . The default is often the best setting. (And a radius that large will not help your business show in the local pack for far-away locations.)

Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.

Find me on · · my blog

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor

@Gutter G in addition to the great points raised by @MargaretO, you should note that your page name currently violates Google's naming guidelines:

"Your name should reflect your business’ real-world name, as used consistently on your storefront, website, stationery, and as known to customers." (from the guidelines: https://support.google.com/business/answer/3038177?hl=en)

I highly recommend you change that whilst re-opening your page, to make sure you aren't penalised by Google down the track.

Priya Chandra, Google My Business Top Contributor
-----------------------------------
Follow me on Twitter  |   Connect on G+  |   Read my Blog

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor
Thx Priya :-)

Find me on · · my blog

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
All sorted out and comments taken onboard .. It was just a change of office
address that has made this error, Google are rectifying this. Thank you for
your insight and knowledge. Agreed.

--

*Carlo Barberini*

*Gutter Goblins*