My Business
723 members online now
723 members online now
Follow threads that discuss the latest tips on how to get your business online… for free!
Guide Me
star_border

Grey "No Entry" ! symbol stuck as my business profile image, can't get rid of it, help!

[ Edited ]
HR
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
HR
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I think I broke google :smileyfrustrated: I tried to upload a correct size profile pic for my google + business page and they were png files, apparently that was a mistake, I deleted them and uploaded jpegs, they look fine in my dash and on my google plus page, but in google maps and search you see this grey ! no entry symbol instead of the profile pic I uploaded. I can't find a way to remove them, I can see them in my google+ "All photos" page, but my only option on each one is to report abuse, help!

1 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author HR
April 2016

Re: Grey "No Entry" symbol stuck as my business profile image, can't get rid of it, help!

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
have you tried contacting business support?
The best way to contact business support:
Request a call back via
https://support.google.com/business/contactflow?hl=en

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author HR
April 2016

Re: Grey "No Entry" symbol stuck as my business profile image, can't get rid of it, help!

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
have you tried contacting business support?
The best way to contact business support:
Request a call back via
https://support.google.com/business/contactflow?hl=en

HR
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
HR
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

thanks, I'll give it a shot!

[ Edited ]
HR
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
HR
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I uploaded another profile pic tonight, it stuck, and the 3 gray icons disappeared, don't know why, maybe it had to "rest" a day :robotlol:

UPDATE 4/13/16, just fyi, google still hasn't contacted me, after submitting the request 2 days ago, the message said they would email me back in 24 hrs, nope!

Top Contributor
# 5
Top Contributor
have you tried requesting a call back via
https://support.google.com/business/contactflow?hl=en?

This is better then mailing them.

You can also try your luck through
https://twitter.com/GoogleSmallBiz

HR
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
HR
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

The problem resolved itself when I uploaded the profile pic again a day later, I just thought I'd post their response time for others, unless maybe they did fix it and just haven't contacted me about it.

[ Edited ]
HR
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
HR
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

UPDATE 5-2-16: Google finally responded to my email request today. they said the link I provided didn't work and to contact them again. Just to let folks know it can be a couple weeks before they get back to you,but they do .

[ Edited ]
HR
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 8
HR
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Well this happened again a few days ago (June 3 2016) and the only way to fix it I found was to delete all profile, cover, logo and any other business pics you can from both google business dash and google+ dash (ones publicly uploaded you can't, that's where my phantom ! image is) refresh until your images are gone and only public and ! remain in both maps search and dash, then from google+ profile dash upload just the cover pic, I had to do it repeatedly, sometimes setting a generic google gallery cover image too, then deleting it, until it bumped the ! placeholder image to the back of the order. Then I uploaded a profile pic and done, my cover pic is correctly showing as primary pic in maps and search. My cover pic resolution is 1600x900 220kb and profile pic is 1000x1000 184kb I know that can make a difference too. What a pain. Thought I'd post for others who run into this.

UPDATE:6/9/16 the placeholder image is gone now today, so waiting works too I guess.